UNT picks up CB commit Chad Davis

Harry

any word back from Rivals?

I finally received a response this morning. It appears they only allow a certain number of 5, 4, and 3 star players and lump the rest in the 2 star category which in my mind totally discredits their rating system. Here is the response I received from Jason Howell with Rivals:

"It did not have to do with him going to North Texas. I had to make some tough decisions about the number of three star prospects out there in my region and he unfortunately did not make the cut."

I call B.S. Bet he wouldn't have dropped if he signed with Tech or Houston.

Here is a continuation of this email.:

Me.: " Jason, Thank you for the response. I guess I find it odd that players star ratings increase and decrease each year depending on who is recruiting them. It sounds like Rivals allows a certain number of players for each star rating which is odd. I would think a player is a 2, 3 or 4 star based upon their ability. Thanks again for your response."

Mr. Howell: "It’s not that we just allow a certain number, but we are very careful about protecting the integrity of each rating and sometimes hard decisions have to be made. I do understand your frustration but I hope you understand our stance a little better now.

Here is a continuation of this email.:

Me.: " Jason, Thank you for the response. I guess I find it odd that players star ratings increase and decrease each year depending on who is recruiting them. It sounds like Rivals allows a certain number of players for each star rating which is odd. I would think a player is a 2, 3 or 4 star based upon their ability. Thanks again for your response."

Mr. Howell: "It’s not that we just allow a certain number, but we are very careful about protecting the integrity of each rating and sometimes hard decisions have to be made. I do understand your frustration but I hope you understand our stance a little better now.

This doesn't make sense to me. Why even give a rating until you're finished with ALL of the evaluations? Who does that benefit?