Demetrius Woodard

H-towngreen

Uh have you seen him in pass coverage?

No, I don't recall seeing him in man coverage. Refresh my memory, if you don't mind. I've seen him in zone and picking up double coverage.

But I think a little more structured position might do him good. He seems to have the speed and athleticism to keep up with most receivers in C-USA.

• Upvote 1

In spite of Trice's size the staff seems adamant about moving him to corner. As to Woodard, perhaps they see him in the safety mix or add a few pounds and you could have a linebacker. I'd rather have a redshirt freshman in the safety mix (maybe Mark Lewis?) but I'd be ok with JUCOs at linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...

Losing recruits to Texas St.

Great...

I'm not yet disenchanted with Coach Mac yet BUT Dennis Franchione has excelled at getting good recruits in Texas. He did it at TCU and A&M and he's already made some inroads at Texas State. He built New Mexico back from the pits through improved talent that he was able to recruit. On the other hand, this staff is having to establish relationships and trust as few have done much recruiting in the state. Coach Fran has had more (and greater) recent success than we or our staff have; it's as simple as that.