VB wins West Division Crown

NT03

I'm really confused - help me guys, what did we win by being west division champions.

I guess a 3rd seed in the conference tournament for having the best record on the weakest side of five teams.

According to a few VB players, they only get a ring and the championship trophy by winning the overall regular season title - which went to WKU, or the team that wins the conference tournament next week..

So am i missing something - what did we just win, other then a 3rd seed heading into the conference tournament!

Maybe this seed will help WVB win the programs 1st conference championship ever in the Sunbelt...its really hard to believe after all of these years this sport has never held up the championship trophy at least once. Last chance in the belt to finally do this, lets make it happen and go out as champions! Good luck ladies.

I'm really confused - help me guys, what did we win by being west division champions.

I guess a 3rd seed in the conference tournament for having the best record on the weakest side of five teams.

According to a few VB players, they only get a ring and the championship trophy by winning the overall regular season title - which went to WKU, or the team that wins the conference tournament next week..

So am i missing something - what did we just win, other then a 3rd seed heading into the conference tournament!

Maybe this seed will help WVB win the programs 1st conference championship ever in the Sunbelt...its really hard to believe after all of these years this sport has never held up the championship trophy at least once. Last chance in the belt to finally do this, lets make it happen and go out as champions! Good luck ladies.

It's better than not winning the western division, isn't it?

• Upvote 1

The divisions are simply based on seedings, nothing really more. The conference tournament starts this Thursday. WKU won the regular season championship/trophy, going undefeated in league play and the #1 seed in the tournament.

North Texas tied for third in league play and gets #6 seed MTSU - First round. We should get by them, swept them at home earlier in the year. MTSU is down this year with a 10-22 losing record.

Troy finished second in the league - This is who we will probably play if we get to the semi's. Troy swept us earlier in the year but it was at Troy.

WKU - Who is hosting the tournament, regular season champs and #1 seed is the heavy favorites...but you never know!

Best of luck ladies - The first Title is always the sweetest!

Edited by blurbeard