Who is Redshirting this Season?

MeanGreenGlory

1). LaJaylin "LJ" Smith, LB, 6-0, 218, LaPlace, Louisiana (St. Charles Catholic HS)

2). Boone Feldt - C - 6-3 - 276 - Buda, TX (Buda Hayes HS)

3). Xavier Kelly, Cornerback, 5-11, 170, Katy, Texas (Mayde Creek HS)

4). Sir Calvin Wallace - DT - 6-3 - 300 – Tyler, Texas (Chapel Hill HS)

5). Devante Davis- S - 5-11 - 185 - 4.5 - Baton Rouge, LA (Woodlawn HS)

6). Dutton Watson - DE - 6-3 - 245 - 4.8 - Midland, Texas (Midland HS)

7). Jarrian Roberts - LB - Ht:6'2" Wt:220 - Clarksville, TX (Clarksville, HS)

8). David Busby- DB - 5-11 - 179 - 4.5 - Coppell, TX (Coppell HS)

9). Ryan Rentfro - OG - 6'4" - 280 - FM Marcus (TX)

10). Jamal Marshall - DB - 6-3 - 185 - 4.4 - Fort Bend, TX (Elkins HS)

11). Connor Trussell, Offensive Line, 6-5, 285, Arlington, Texas (Martin HS)

12). Mustafa Haboul, Defensive Tackle, 6-0, 247, Arlington, Texas (Martin HS)

13). Rex Rollins - RB – 6-1, 185, 4.5 - Tyler, TX (Chapel Hill HS)

14). Jamarcus Jarvis, Running Back, 5-10, 195, Houma, Louisiana (East. Ascension HS)

15). Malik Dilonga - DE - 6-4 - 245 - 4.95 - Cedar Hill, TX (Trinity Christian)

16). Nick Schrapps WR Ht:6'3" Wt:197 40:4.62 - Beaumont, Texas (Monsignor Kelly HS)

17). Brad Horton DE Ht:6'6" Wt:240 40:4.7 - Liberty Christian Argyle TX

18). Mark Lewis, Running Back, 5-10, 210, Livonia, Louisiana (Livonia HS)

19). Dustin Clark OLB Ht:6'0" Wt:202 - Borger HS (TX) Clark

I thought that Schrapps saw some time early in the season, but then got hurt, so maybe he will have to apply for a medical waiver? Rodrick Lancaster is a frosh that got hurt before the season (I think), so he should be redshirting. Has Dylan McDorman played this year? If not he can be added to the list. Jamal Marshal shows to have played in 7 games according to the NCAA site (not sure how accurate it is). Also, there are walkons that are not on your list, but I assume you are talking about scholarship players.

http://web1.ncaa.org...g=497&year=2012

Edited by CurveItAround

Mac said last night that Xavier is redshirting but would be a good player.

Thanks for the correction.

next year is going to be reeeeeeaaaaaal interesting.

Has UNT ever redshirted that many players? If we keep the shirts on all these guys, we will have 16 redshirt freshmen next year. Just going back and looking at previous rosters, I see that we had 12 redshirt freshmen in '09, but typically we have had about 3 or 4. Rosters at the A.D. website before '08 don't show any distinction between true freshmen and RS freshmen.

You can tell that Coach Mac is serious about getting us to 85 scholarship players on the roster.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

To me the most interesting parts are the 2 6'4" DE's and Sir Calvin.

my skeptical questions:

1.) By 6'4" do they really mean 5'11.4534" ?

2.) By 245 lbs do they really mean 212 with 25 lbs of love handles?

3.) by 4.8 40 do they really mean timed by their best friends while riding on a moped downhill?

I thought that Schrapps saw some time early in the season, but then got hurt, so maybe he will have to apply for a medical waiver? Rodrick Lancaster is a frosh that got hurt before the season (I think), so he should be redshirting. Has Dylan McDorman played this year? If not he can be added to the list. Jamal Marshal shows to have played in 7 games according to the NCAA site (not sure how accurate it is). Also, there are walkons that are not on your list, but I assume you are talking about scholarship players.

http://web1.ncaa.org...g=497&year=2012

Yeah I heard Schraps got some some pt early, but I never say it personally. As for Jamal Marshall yes, I have seen him on kickoff team.

You're thinking of Mike Marshall.

http://m.meangreensp...&DB_OEM_ID=1800

No it was Jamal. I was on the first row in the student section so I saw the back of his jersey and saw J. Marshall and he was #18, not #15. It was during the TSU game. I thought it was strange that we were burning his redshirt just for special teams but he hasn't even played that since.

To me the most interesting parts are the 2 6'4" DE's and Sir Calvin.

my skeptical questions:

1.) By 6'4" do they really mean 5'11.4534" ?

2.) By 245 lbs do they really mean 212 with 25 lbs of love handles?

3.) by 4.8 40 do they really mean timed by their best friends while riding on a moped downhill?

Everyone does it but I hear ya. I had a good look at one of our defenders at the ECU game the other day (who shall remain nameless), and I couldn't believe how thin he was. No way he was close to his listed weight. With some people you can't always tell, but this was pretty clear.

I think you can play in non conference early (percentage of plays) and maintain redshirt but not 100% on that...

You can't play a single snap and be eligible for a redshirt. For what we usually call a "medical redshirt," you can play a percentage of the season--either 1/3 or 1/4, I forget which. It doesn't actually measure percentage of plays, but percentage of games in a season--e.g., if you play one snap in each of the first 5 games then break your leg, you are not eligible for a medical RS.

Here is something I found which may help explain:

"There is not a limit. But generally you can appear in limited action in the first three games and then have an 'injury' and the NCAA looks the other way."

These guys may have played early and then suffered an "injury" in practice and could be "medically" redshirted as I read it.

Here is something I found which may help explain:

"There is not a limit. But generally you can appear in limited action in the first three games and then have an 'injury' and the NCAA looks the other way."

These guys may have played early and then suffered an "injury" in practice and could be "medically" redshirted as I read it.

Very interesting. Thanks for digging that up, Harry!

• Upvote 1

1). LaJaylin "LJ" Smith, LB, 6-0, 218, LaPlace, Louisiana (St. Charles Catholic HS)

2). Boone Feldt - C - 6-3 - 276 - Buda, TX (Buda Hayes HS)

3). Xavier Kelly, Cornerback, 5-11, 170, Katy, Texas (Mayde Creek HS)

4). Sir Calvin Wallace - DT - 6-3 - 300 – Tyler, Texas (Chapel Hill HS)

5). Devante Davis- S - 5-11 - 185 - 4.5 - Baton Rouge, LA (Woodlawn HS)

6). Dutton Watson - DE - 6-3 - 245 - 4.8 - Midland, Texas (Midland HS)

7). Jarrian Roberts - LB - Ht:6'2" Wt:220 - Clarksville, TX (Clarksville, HS)

8). David Busby- DB - 5-11 - 179 - 4.5 - Coppell, TX (Coppell HS)

9). Ryan Rentfro - OG - 6'4" - 280 - FM Marcus (TX)

10). Jamal Marshall - DB - 6-3 - 185 - 4.4 - Fort Bend, TX (Elkins HS)

11). Connor Trussell, Offensive Line, 6-5, 285, Arlington, Texas (Martin HS)

12). Mustafa Haboul, Defensive Tackle, 6-0, 247, Arlington, Texas (Martin HS)

13). Rex Rollins - RB – 6-1, 185, 4.5 - Tyler, TX (Chapel Hill HS)

14). Jamarcus Jarvis, Running Back, 5-10, 195, Houma, Louisiana (East. Ascension HS)

15). Malik Dilonga - DE - 6-4 - 245 - 4.95 - Cedar Hill, TX (Trinity Christian)

16). Nick Schrapps WR Ht:6'3" Wt:197 40:4.62 - Beaumont, Texas (Monsignor Kelly HS)

17). Brad Horton DE Ht:6'6" Wt:240 40:4.7 - Liberty Christian Argyle TX

18). Mark Lewis, Running Back, 5-10, 210, Livonia, Louisiana (Livonia HS)

19). Dustin Clark OLB Ht:6'0" Wt:202 - Borger HS (TX) Clark

What transfers do we have sitting out that will play next year, are most of them available for just 2 years?

• Upvote 1

Can someone update me on the situation regarding Boone Feldt? He was one of our highest rated recruits last winter but had some health issues and left training camp to get them checked out (if I remember correctly). Did he get the issues taken care of ? Is he back on campus ? What is his status for Spring football and/or next Fall?

Can someone update me on the situation regarding Boone Feldt? He was one of our highest rated recruits last winter but had some health issues and left training camp to get them checked out (if I remember correctly). Did he get the issues taken care of ? Is he back on campus ? What is his status for Spring football and/or next Fall?

Yes he has been back since the start of the semester and has been on the sidelines. He should be ready to go full speed in the Spring.

What transfers do we have sitting out that will play next year, are most of them available for just 2 years?

QB Brock Berglund (class of 2011) will be eligible to play the next three years as a redshirt sophomore next season, WR Darius Terrell (class of 2010) will be eligible to play the next two years as a redshirt junior next season, and RB Reggie Pegram (class of 2010) will also be eligible to play the next two years as a redshirt junior next year.