Looking at the bright side

Harry

Having a couple of days to digest the MTSU loss I see some positive things to consider.

Yes we laid an egg but at least it was on the road.

No matter how tough a loss we have, you can always count on a good crowd for Homecoming.

After two bad weather games last year, we are on the verge of having the rare "perfect" home weather season. Sat supposed to be great weather as well.

Mac teams seem to lay an egg and then rebound. His teams also play well at Apogee.

With Chancellor shouldering so much of the offense there is an opportunity for some newer players to show what they can do. Carlos Harris could be one of those. I think he could have a great game this week.

Others? Feel free to chip in!

Yeah, with Delgado (anyone know if he's good to play yet?) and Bynes leaving after this year I want to see what receivers will step up between Harris, Pleasant, Darnell Smith, and Chaz Sampson. Smith looked good on those big plays saturday, although he might have gotten away with a push off (shhhh).

On a related note, looking at next year's receiving corps the question is who will claim the other two starting spots along with Chancellor. It's probably between the aforementioned players as well as Darius Terrell, Darvin Kidsy, and anyone else we bring in.

We have a lot of bodies, it's just a matter of who can play and make a difference for Brock Berglund. Wait what?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, with Delgado (anyone know if he's good to play yet?) and Bynes leaving after this year I want to see what receivers will step up between Harris, Pleasant, Darnell Smith, and Chaz Sampson. Smith looked good on those big plays saturday, although he might have gotten away with a push off (shhhh).

On a related note, looking at next year's receiving corps the question is who will claim the other two starting spots along with Chancellor. It's probably between the aforementioned players as well as Darius Terrell, Darvin Kidsy, and anyone else we bring in.

We have a lot of bodies, it's just a matter of who can play and make a difference for Brock Berglund. Wait what?

I'm looking forward to Terrell and Lancaster.

There were some positives. NT started out flat and appeared uninterested, but improved and never gave up. Several wrs finally contributed: Smith in particular and Powers make some great catches from the te position. Carlos Harris looked good in returning punts. Offensive run game works late as defense worn down but it was too late. Jimmerson again made nearly everyone wonder why he doesn't get a lot more carries. Other than that inexcusable QB draw, the defense shut down MTSU's running game.