Let's talk about ULL

aztecskin

ULL's FBS opponents are 8-16, UNT's FBS opponents are 19-12. ULL played a mid-level Big12 school and was down 44-0 at the half. I do think ULL has a better team, but those stats are not exactly indicative of what will happen. UNT has played a much harder schedule. ULL would be 3-3 at best with UNT's schedule.

That is a better explanation of the schedules. I am honestly just worried that the game is at home. Sometimes it honestly backfires. Believe me.

We'll see soon enough. Glad you have so much confidence in the Mean Green D that you think LaLa will score 30....I'm looking for the Mean green to come out strong and hold off LaLa in a late push...the "good Guys" win this one...and those who stayed home will wish they had turned off the TV and headed to Apogee!

• Upvote 2

We'll see soon enough. Glad you have so much confidence in the Mean Green D that you think LaLa will score 30....I'm looking for the Mean green to come out strong and hold off LaLa in a late push...the "good Guys" win this one...and those who stayed home will wish they had turned off the TV and headed to Apogee!

I hope I am wrong I just have a bad feeling on ESPN points will come.

Some of those losses were given to them by UL! Some of those wins were given to them by NT!

Do we have a common opponent? What happened? Oh yeah...

ULL's FBS opponents are 8-16, UNT's FBS opponents are 19-12. ULL played a mid-level Big12 school and was down 44-0 at the half. I do think ULL has a better team, but those stats are not exactly indicative of what will happen. UNT has played a much harder schedule. ULL would be 3-3 at best with UNT's schedule.

• Downvote 1

Some of those losses were given to them by UL! Some of those wins were given to them by NT!

Do we have a common opponent? What happened? Oh yeah...

The difference in both teams games against Troy was ULL was 3/3 on FG's and UNT was 0/3 with two turnover on downs due to the coach losing confidence in the kicker. Troy outgained ULL by 200 yards, while UNT outgained Troy by 40 yards.

Never underestimate homefield advantage...Troy has a good offense and we held them to 14 at home...

keep in mind...they put 37 points up against Troy...we put up 7 points....their offense is what will win the game for them...our secondary will lose the game for us...like in the Houston game (as well as everything else...like the off, coaching, lack of urgency until it was too late...blah blah blah)

keep in mind...they put 37 points up against Troy...we put up 7 points....their offense is what will win the game for them...our secondary will lose the game for us...like in the Houston game (as well as everything else...like the off, coaching, lack of urgency until it was too late...blah blah blah)

a realist thank you. i agree 100% with everything you said.

I have no idea who will win this game. ULL will bring in a lot of confidence and swagger, not always a good thing. NT hasn't played well at home yet.

NT hasn't played well since the KSU game. By the way, the point that KSU and LSU weren't up for NT is as stupid as it is true. I don't think those type teams were up for NT when they won by 40 to 70 either. Up or not there is an enormous resource and talent gap.

This could be the great turnaround or be the worst loss of the year. The season won't be over with a loss but the probability of an improved season will be almost gone. A win could catapult NT a la the MTSU victory in 2001 to a great season.

I predict NT will play one of its best games of the year but I am not sure it is good enough. I don't think the talent level is that uneven but one team is now used to winning and the other is still searching.

Edited by GrandGreen

What was the score? Oh yeah....

You asked what happened in the games in which we had a common opponent. ULL forced 3 TO's (while commiting 0) and returned one for a TD. They also hit 3/3 FG's and won by 13 while being outgained by 200 yards. UNT forced 1 TO and was 0/3 on FG's and turned it over on downs twice inside the Troy 20 yard line due to the coach not wanting to attempt any more FG's. UNT also outgained Troy by 40 yards.

What was the score? Oh yeah....

When looking inward, yeah, we're not looking for moral victories.

But this comparison with Troy is up for dissection since it is the best barometer we have for tonight's game.

Plain and simple, you took care of business against Troy. But we got our kicking game together and have you at home. I don't think either team will be pushed over easily tonight.

Edited by greenminer

Based on your writing 'style', and your not so veiled attempts to slam UNT football, I can only conclude that you are a ULL fan in disguise.

No not at all. I am huge basketball fan, who doubts the football team. Is that a crime? If the football team had Tony Mitchell they might win tonight, but in all seriousness no I am defiantly not a ULL fan I assure you. I want NT to win, I just don't see it. Trust me you want negative nancys you don't want every swinging dick to tout our home team. Be real.

No not at all. I am huge basketball fan, who doubts the football team. Is that a crime? If the football team had Tony Mitchell they might win tonight, but in all seriousness no I am defiantly not a ULL fan I assure you. I want NT to win, I just don't see it. Trust me you want negative nancys you don't want every swinging dick to tout our home team. Be real.

he keepz it reel!

I would agree. It should be a good one

When looking inward, yeah, we're not looking for moral victories.

But this comparison with Troy is up for dissection since it is the best barometer we have for tonight's game.

Plain and simple, you took care of business against Troy. But we got our kicking game together and have you at home. I don't think either team will be pushed over easily tonight.

Watch out for Broadway. If you D gives him too much space, he will kill you on the ground. He was a solid qb for us but Piland has the better arm and he transferred to the Cajuns so he could start.

One of the keys to UNT winning this game, is by keeping Broadway contained.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Terrance-Broadway-80491

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Broadway--139.8 QBR--Thompson--122.8-- He's better? Really?

NT -174.3 YPG Rushing---UL-190.4 YPG

Nt-19.5 PPG-- UL- 38 PPG

Nt-205 YPG passing--UL 220.8 YPG

Ul-Rush Defense -107 YPG 3.3 YPR Couldnt find a NT stat because it is lower than 50th

Sorry to confuse you with facts and stats. You can now go back to dream land.

Good luck to you guys tonight. It should be an excellent game.

Here's a fact for you:

UNT 30 ULL 23

Total Yards

UNT 524 ULL 371

Passing Yards

UNT 282 ULL 265

Rushing Yards

UNT 242 ULL 106

Any questions? I didn't think so. Now back to where you came.

• Upvote 6