CBS Bowl Projections - Sept. 30

bdan2002

Interesting projections - 6 sunbelt teams and Houston!!:

Thoughts?

GoDaddy.com Jan. 6 Mobile, Ala. MAC vs. Sun Belt No. 2 Ohio vs. La.-Lafayette

BBVA Compass Jan. 5 Birmingham, Ala. SEC No. 8/9 vs. Big East No. 5/C-USA Texas A&M vs. FIU*

Music City Dec. 31 Nashville, Tenn. ACC No. 6 vs. SEC No. 7 Arkansas State* vs. Missouri

Armed Forces Dec. 29 Fort Worth, Tex. MWC vs. C-USA Air Force vs. Houston

Military Dec. 27 Washington, D.C. ACC No. 8 vs. Army Troy vs. Miami (Ohio)*

Little Caesars Dec. 26 Detroit, Mich. MAC vs. Big Ten No. 8 Western Michigan vs. W. Kentucky*

New Orleans Dec. 22 New Orleans, La. Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA La.-Monroe vs. Louisiana Tech*

1. I think it would be a huge disappointment for Ohio if they ended up in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

2. Six Belt teams in bowls?!? I really don't think we have the tie-ins to make that possible, regardless of how well the Belt teams do.

3. I don't think FIU represent the Belt in any bowl game, and probably not Troy.

4. ULM would love the chance to knock off LaTech in the NO Bowl. But as with Ohio, that bowl would be a big letdown for LaTech, and they just might refuse the bid if ULM is the opponent.

"4. ULM would love the chance to knock off LaTech in the NO Bowl. But as with Ohio, that bowl would be a big letdown for LaTech, and they just might refuse the bid if ULM is the opponent"

Nothing would make me happier than if they found themselves in the position of playing ULM or not going o a bowl.

• Upvote 1

Well with all the ineligbile teams this season, it is hard to see teams getting left out if they do get eligible. At some point bowls might not have another option but to take a eam from the belt, even if there are no tie ins. That said, the sun belt would have to get 6 eligible, and even with the good play this OOC season, I got a hard time seing that. 5 Seems possible though. FIU for example has a hill to climb to get eligible

Edited by outoftown

Well with all the ineligbile teams this season, it is hard to see teams getting left out if they do get eligible. At some point bowls might not have another option but to take a eam from the belt, even if there are no tie ins. That said, the sun belt would have to get 6 eligible, and even with the good play this OOC season, I got a hard time seing that. 5 Seems possible though. FIU for example has a hill to climb to get eligible

'moral' victories count?

• Upvote 1

ESPNs analysts are not that bullish on the Sun Belt: If I counted correctly they project 2 / 3 teams in Bowls... I do get the feeling though that they are not really doing their homework well and are underestimating.

Two might be low, but I think they're being realistic. I don't think we've ever had more than 3 bowl teams in one season. A 7-5 Western Kentucky team sat at home last year, and the math isn't very favorable to having six 8-4 or better teams in the Belt.

UTSA has not beaten anyone noteworthy, and still must play Rice,SJSU,Utah ST., and La.Tech, all projected losses. However if they finish off McNeese St, Idaho, and Texas State they will finish 8&4. Bowl bound?

No more UTSA bowl talk...

They aren't eligible for a bowl until 2014 when their FBS provisional status expires...