2012-13 UNofficial BB schedule

NT03

Nov 9th @ Creighton

Nov 12th - 14th 1st RD NIT ( Kansas State , Lamar , DII )

Nov 19th - 23rd 2nd RD NIT ( TBD)

Nov 28th vs UTA

Dec 1st vs ULL

Dec 5th @ St Louis

Dec 16th vs SE Louisiana

Dec 20th vs Jackson State

Dec 29th @ WKU

Dec 31st @ MTSU

Jan 3rd vs Troy

Jan 5th vs ULM

Jan 10th @ UALR

Jan 12th vs South Alabama

Jan 17th @ FIU

Jan 19th @ FAU

Jan 24th vs MTSU

Jan 26th vs UALR

Jan 31st @ ULL

Feb 2nd @ Arkansas St

Feb 7th vs WKU

Feb 9th vs FIU

Feb 14th @ ULM

Feb 16th @ Troy

Feb 21st vs FAU

Feb 23rd @ South Alabama

Feb 28th vs Arkansas State

Mar 8th - 11th SBC Tournament

I believe there is still 1 unamed home opponent.

2nd rd of NIT will depend on 1st round results

+ Sorry Flyer , I didn't realize you had updated your thread

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

I think the first two of the above kind of depends on how well we do against the last two of the above.

Just to remind people: WKU had a higher rated 2011 recruiting class than we did. And they beat us in the Belt tourney. They peaked at the end of the year. ALL of their freshmen got a full year of college basketball under their belt.

Throw on top of that the fact that your conference opponents know you MUCH better than a K St or a Creighton does, and you can count on at least 4 conference losses.

It is very possible that even if we beat both K St. and Creighton we turn around and lose at WKU and MTSU.

• Upvote 1

Just to remind people: WKU had a higher rated 2011 recruiting class than we did. And they beat us in the Belt tourney. They peaked at the end of the year. ALL of their freshmen got a full year of college basketball under their belt.

Throw on top of that the fact that your conference opponents know you MUCH better than a K St or a Creighton does, and you can count on at least 4 conference losses.

It is very possible that even if we beat both K St. and Creighton we turn around and lose at WKU and MTSU.

Most of that WKU class is not even there tho.

With Harper , they are still a dangerous team and not to be overlooked

I think NT should be favored in every Belt game. USA could be better than either MTSU and WKU. Away at any of these three teams will be tough but on paper none should be able to hang with NT. There is not a player in the league who should be able to play with Mitchell and unlike last year; NT has a lot more options. NT has seven players returning that started a lot of games last year. Add to that Hardwick, Coleman, Patton and Taylor and a coach that I believe will take the conference games a lot more serious than JJ and NT should be a heavy favorite to win.

I think the K-State game will tell us a lot about where this season goes. Win that game, and we should be going to MSG to play some other excellent teams. Once there, anything goes.

Creighton is a good test, I expect the game to be close. Would be one I would favor us to win if it were at the Super Pit. St. Louis will be a nice feather-in-the-cap road win.

For me, I think the X-factor of the year will be what we get out of Patton. We still haven't seen this guy play with the team. If he's the real deal and can be a significant contributor, then looking at this schedule, we should have around 25-27 wins this year.

• Upvote 1

3.7 pts and 2 rebounds in 15 minutes is easily replaceable.

Aside from Gordon, I think all their major contributors return. It will be a dog fight in Bowling Green... Both times...

Yeah he shouldn't be but he was a loss nevertheless and you never like to lose a post player. They have the nucleus, even without Gordon, to be a top team again in the Belt.

3.7 pts and 2 rebounds in 15 minutes is easily replaceable.

Aside from Gordon, I think all their major contributors return. It will be a dog fight in Bowling Green... Both times...

That class also lost Cezar Guererro, a 4-star guard that never showed up at WKU (who has since gone to Oklahoma State, bailed out on them and is transferring to Fresno) and a 7 footer (3 or 4 star, depending on which evaluation site you prefer) who had to go JUCO and should join them next year.

Their super recruiting class is down to TJ Price and George Fant. Both very talented, and some other nice complementary pieces still around from class of 2011... But the guys who made that class stand out in terms of evaluations will not be wearing (and in some cases, never wore) WKU laundry.

That class also lost Cezar Guererro, a 4-star guard that never showed up at WKU (who has since gone to Oklahoma State, bailed out on them and is transferring to Fresno) and a 7 footer (3 or 4 star, depending on which evaluation site you prefer) who had to go JUCO and should join them next year.

leek

For some reason I thought Kasper had left , but he had a season ending injury