K State a BIG GAME!

trussbussdad

After playing out of our minds against LSU, then a little let down against TS; K STATE becomes a very important game. I am not saying that if we loose that our season is doomed, what I am saying is that a win could jump start this season and I think is very doable. Even to loose in a blaze of glory....but we dont need to get spanked around right now. A key to this season is getting Chancellor more involved with the offense.

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

After playing out of our minds against LSU, then a little let down against TS; K STATE becomes a very important game. I am not saying that if we loose that our season is doomed, what I am saying is that a win could jump start this season and I think is very doable. Even to loose in a blaze of glory....but we dont need to get spanked around right now. A key to this season is getting Chancellor more involved with the offense.

Great post Mr. Trussell! This is Billy who was the center at Martin Connor's junior year. You're definitely right about Chancellor, he is too much of a playmaker to have zero catches even if he was double covered at times. I really want to see some sort of tunnel screen to get our big boys out there and let him be his elusive self behind them. Our defense is playing great and should give them more fits than Miami did last week. Monroe showed if you can keep it close until the 4th you will have a chance, so why not us?

• Upvote 2

LSU ran roughshod over us - two 100+ yard backs. We are excited because we scored twice. But, in reality, K-State is also a run-heavy school. In their blowout of Miami last weekend: 60 rushes, 11 passes = 288 yards on the ground and a 52-13 win.

The interior of our defensive line will be owned again in the K-State game. Looking forward to Troy. That's a game that I think will tell us where we are conference-wise. We seems to be on the up against conference foes, Troy seems to be down.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Billy Si...Great idea on a tunnel screen. also an old Martin play..think yall called it DICKEM...Can remember that play always broke with a post pattern. he just has too much speed not to get at least 7 touches a game. Hope all is well.

Yes sir. All is going great here. I've hung out with Connor a few times, he's really enjoying things up here. This really was a great school for him and it's good to see him doing so well. Speaking of Chancellor, they showed you and the family in the crowd of the espnu broadcast after his first touchdown but I'm sure you've seen it by now.

we really can't afford any turnovers in this game... and our run defense is going to be put to the test... the secondary MIGHT have a less active game passing, but I'm thinking our safeties are going to have to be very active in run support...

besides all of that, I know we were disappointed in our offense against TSU, but let's try to keep things in perspective... as much as we want this team to win every game from here on out... we have an extremely young team... we were facing a team that had led the FCS the past 2 years in defense and our defense made one real mistake all night...

outside of that one play, we are talking about a 34-0 ballgame in which the D forced 4 turnovers...

• Upvote 2

we really can't afford any turnovers in this game... and our run defense is going to be put to the test... the secondary MIGHT have a less active game passing, but I'm thinking our safeties are going to have to be very active in run support...

besides all of that, I know we were disappointed in our offense against TSU, but let's try to keep things in perspective... as much as we want this team to win every game from here on out... we have an extremely young team... we were facing a team that had led the FCS the past 2 years in defense and our defense made one real mistake all night...

outside of that one play, we are talking about a 34-0 ballgame in which the D forced 4 turnovers...

I noticed something about that game and the LSU game - our D sniffs for turnovers. It's good to see our guys getting really close to snagging missed passes, it really is. I wish they caught more of them, because there were at least 3 other TOs left on the grass on Saturday to go along with at least 12 points left on the grass, too.

• Upvote 3

also... we talking bout watching parties this weekend for those of us who can't make the trip?

We'll be having a watching party in Allen at Rudy's BBQ. Usual stuff. North Texas door prizes and drink specials for Mean Green fans. We'll start at 5:30.

I think they are still having a watching party at the Alumni Pavilion at Apogee too following Oktoberfest.

• Upvote 2