Boone Feldt is out till Fall

All About UNT

My verbal response to this was both unsubtle and profane.

• Upvote 3

This is bad news but glad we might of caught something now before any long-term could keep him out.

Apparently its lingering effects from a surgery and too much to overcome.

We have plenty of depth at OL so if anything this just bough us another year for Boone.

I believe its best in the long-term to medical red shirt Freddie Warner and Boone.

• Upvote 1

It's football...players get hurt...you compensate and move on as a team. It creates opportunities for others to step up and show they deserve playing time...even the "great...yuck" OU is seeing a rash of injuries this fall already. Really hate to see this, but might be best that this was "caught" early...maybe the docs can fix it and he'll be back "better than ever"...I sure hope so. Will keep my fingers crossed.

No reason AT ALL for doom and gloom. It's football, and it's happening to probably just about every team out there in our conference. But, the teams that seem to do the best in every sport are the ones who suffer the fewest injuries to key players during the season. Emphasis, of course, on KEY players. That can, of course, be a quality second team or younger player adding depth and reps to give the starter a rest along the way. Got to go with the players available...I think UNT has the coaching staff to get it done.

• Upvote 1