Checking in from Happy Valley

Harry

It's not like ANYONE at PSU has any real ties to this thing anymore... those people are either dead, in jail, or are fired and soon likely to be in jail...

Are we sure about that? I believe Sandusky had an office on the PSU campus all the way up until this story broke. So the University and the culture continued to facilitate his behavior until the end. I think there are still a lot of people in and around the University that knew what was going on...they had to. If they didn't then this was the best kept secret in the history of the world. In a relatively small, tight knit community people talk.

This makes me wonder how many will leave Penn St. this year.

It will be interesting to see what they have left once the defections are done.

The sad thing is the new coaching staff will be doing everything they can to talk these kids into staying and minimizing the effects of the sanctions, all the while telling these kids that it is their duty to Penn St. to stay on.

Hope they shower when they get home.

Knowing what happened in the coaches shower at Penn State I would choose to shower at home too.