Scott Davis undergoes Double Bypass Surgery

yyz28

Friends, I don't have many details except the very basics. My wife is Friends with Scott's wife on Facebook - Scott underwent a double heart bypass on Monday and apparently is doing well.

Mean Green Nation, please keep Scott, his wife, kids and family in your thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 2

My best to Scott...I always called him the 'gee whiz' quarterback since nothing seemed to bother him. I really liked his laid back personality, which is what surprises me that he is having heart problems.

• Upvote 2

He coached in my son's football league a few years back (Spring Valley Athletic Association) and looked to be in great shape...in fact he looked ready to be on the field against SMU again!

This is proof that even if you are healthy these types of issues can exist. He's a great guy and I'm glad to hear he will be ok!

Scott was one of the first people I met when I interned in the SID office. It was my idea for the cover of the Lethal Weapons media guide cover with Scott & Byron Gross. It was a love hate relationship with Scott from then on. I loved him, he hated me!

We became friends later and I made sure I was there when he was inducted into the NT HOF. Great guy, I wish him a speedy recovery and nothing but the best in his recovery and in life.

Edited by GreenBat
  • Upvote 1

I exchanged messages with his wife Michelle tonight. She wanted me to pass on to you her appreciation for your thoughts and prayers. She said it was a tough day, but he's "well on his way to recovery".

She said if you'd like to send him a get well wish, feel free to do so via email - PM me for his address, as I don't want to post it on the public forum.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...