Found on W 79th Street in Manhattan near Central Park

NYCGMG.jpg

GMG !

Excellent.

While standing in line at customs in Mexico this week I was wearing a North Texas shirt. Someone that passed by shouted, "Go Mean Green!" I looked but couldn't tell who it was. The MG Nation is growing and will continue to do so with all the good things we have going on!

• Upvote 2

Excellent.

While standing in line at customs in Mexico this week I was wearing a North Texas shirt. Someone that passed by shouted, "Go Mean Green!" I looked but couldn't tell who it was. The MG Nation is growing and will continue to do so with all the good things we have going on!

Same thing happened to me in a Turkish prison.

• Upvote 6

Back in the 80's I was standing in line at the Rocky Mountain Fudge factory in Durango Colorado, with my North Texas cap on, and someone came up and said "alright! Go Mean Green!". I've had similar encounters on many of my outside-of-Texas vacations.

You know, it seems like just about everyone outside of the city limits of Denton knows who we are....... :angry:

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

I was coming back from a trip to Puerto Rico in 2004 standing in line at the San Juan airport wearing a Mean Green shirt. Anyway, I look behind me and the unt golf team was checking their clubs. And someone in another line yelled "Hey, Go Mean Green!" And everyone I was with (all NT students) yelled it back. Pretty cool, the golf team seemed confused though.

• Upvote 1

I was coming back from a trip to Puerto Rico in 2004 standing in line at the San Juan airport wearing a Mean Green shirt. Anyway, I look behind me and the unt golf team was checking their clubs. And someone in another line yelled "Hey, Go Mean Green!" And everyone I was with (all NT students) yelled it back. Pretty cool, the golf team seemed confused though.

That's because you should have whispered Go Mean Green....its the golfers way

Yesterday, i was at a McDonalds drive thru right near the missouri-arkansas border. Im about to drive up to the window when i see a mcdonalds employee who was throwing away trash tap on my window. I roll it down and he says "i see on the back of you car it says Univeristy of North Texas" i told him i was an alum who graduated in 2010. He says "cool, my sister went their too, nice school, Go Mean Green"...then he walked off...and i picked up my lunch. i thought it was pretty neat.

• Upvote 3

Back in the 80's I was standing in line at the Rocky Mountain Fudge factory in Durango Colorado, with my North Texas cap on, and someone came up and said "alright! Go Mean Green!". I've had similar encounters on many of my outside-of-Texas vacations.

You know, it seems like just about everyone outside of the city limits of Denton knows who we are....... :angry:

.......I was walking down the street in Glenwood Springs, Colorado - wearing my Mean Green hoodie - and a car full of young people started honking and yelling "Go Mean Green" and giving me the Mean Green sign as they blew past.............So we are well-represented up here in the Rockies, Silver (I say "up here" because I am currently on vacation in Colorado).

• Upvote 1

I wore my UNT t-shirt to breakfast at a hotel in Lexington, VA the other day and ran into a 1983 alumni. Got to keep spreading the word. This guy lives in Atlanta and had no idea we are going to CUSA. Talk us up!

PS. Did you know there is a Troy University branch here in the DC area?? WTF?

In addition to four campuses in Alabama, Troy has nearly forty satellite learning centers and three foreign universities where you can get a degree from Troy. Approximately 15 of those locations are at military installations. I guess that's how they have 20,000 students. They count them all.