Mr. Vito wants suggestions for Press Conference..any ideas?

Top UNT official: C-USA a great fit, what do you want to know?

Jack Wall, the chairman of the UNT board of regents, called Conference USA a great fit for the school today.

I called Wall a couple of days ago and got a call back today when he returned home.

If there was any doubt about what UNT's plans are (and let's face it, there weren't) they are out the window now.

Wall talked about what a great situation for UNT's fans and the fans at other C-USA schools to be within driving distance of their league rivals.

I certainly won't miss some of those long trips, although the worst of them (Idaho and Utah State) were knocked off UNT's schedule a few years ago.

It should be interesting to see what UNT officials have to say about the move to C-USA tomorrow.

There are several questions that come to mind:

-- Does the move to a new league move up the timeline for the addition of a baseball program?

-- How much does UNT anticipate its conference revenue distribution will jump once it is in C-USA?

-- Does UNT believe its programs will be ready to compete right away in C-USA in revenue sports (football, men's basketball)?

http://meangreenblog...sa-a-great.html

How when we will UNT have a baseball program?

Edited by Mark Gommesen
  • Upvote 2

When TCU made the move to the Big East initially...was and/or has there ever been a serious interest from the MWC in adding North Texas? If so was there a mutual interest of NT and MWC coming together?

Apparently not. I seemed to be the only one who thought it was a good idea. I have to say, I was in favor of CUSA until they asked UTSA and made us look like an also-ran and then added ODU to the list. After that I can't imagine there was actually a MW invite available cause if there was and our people had any pride they'd have gone that way instead. I can't describe to you how happy I would be if tomorrow they came out and said 'suck it CUSA, we're going west'. As it is, no amount of fanfare is going to make a CUSA announcement exciting for me under the circumstances. Remember this is the CUSA that does NOT have Memphis, SMU or Houston. Big deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Apparently not. I seemed to be the only one who thought it was a good idea. I have to say, I was in favor of CUSA until they asked UTSA and made us look like an also-ran and then added ODU to the list. After that I can't imagine there was actually a MW invite available cause if there was and our people had any pride they'd have gone that way instead. I can't describe to you how happy I would be if tomorrow they came out and said 'suck it CUSA, we're going west'. As it is, no amount of fanfare is going to make a CUSA announcement exciting for me under the circumstances. Remember this is the CUSA that does NOT have Memphis, SMU or Houston. Big deal.

I'm very much a western oriented guy as I love to ski and enjoy the things that the open spaces of The West have to offer, but Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, LA Tech, Tulane, USM and such are where it's at for us now. Don't like SA and OD much, but CUSA not having smu means nothing to me, and Memphis is pretty much only about BBall anyway. It would be nice to be hooked up with U of H, but we can live without them.

• Upvote 1

Remember this is the CUSA that does NOT have Memphis, SMU or Houston. Big deal.

Would love to have had SMU and Houston, but Memphis brings nothing that OD doesn't bring more of, academically or athletically.

Anyone interested can take a look and see where OD, SMU, Memphis, and Houston fall on the Director's Cup standings, which is a fair indicator of overall athletic program success. None of the listed schools are higher than the Monarchs.

http://thedirectorscup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Div1-finalstandsings-release.pdf