2 Cajuns Suspended

BonfireBrian

ULL Coach Bob Marlin suspended two players today and they will not travel to Hot Springs.

Raymone Andrews - 25 min, 6.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists per game

J.J. Thomas - 21 mins, 8.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.1 assists per game.

Here's the link: http://espn1420.com/two-cajun-basketball-players-suspended/

Not star players, but solid contributors. You never know how a team will react to something like that.

• Upvote 6

yikes....that's really a pretty big deal.

ima do a covert mission on ragin pagin.

all is not well in swampville.

first laying down in their last game...at home...against the last team in the world their fans could stomach losing to.

now this. 'the beard' bein' in trouble.

• Upvote 2

yikes....that's really a pretty big deal.

ima do a covert mission on ragin pagin.

all is not well in swampville.

first laying down in their last game...at home...against the last team in the world their fans could stomach losing to.

now this. 'the beard' bein' in trouble.

Once we're in our new super conference merger, Ima miss you Dahbeed.

• Upvote 4

They did not put up solid numbers against UNT this season but both picked up quite a few rebounds...I think 25 or 26 combined in our two losses. That should benefit us.... at least on the boards.

JJ Thomas is a hell of a defender , it's not a coincidence that Alzee shot 9 / 31 and Walton 4/16 in our 2 losses

• Upvote 1

We will win Sunday! From there I am hoping the MUTS lose in their first game... if they do we definitely cruise to the title!

Although this is good news for us , i'm not ready to pencil in a win yet. I think no matter what , any game we play in will be decided by 5 points or less

• Upvote 1

Their fan base must be really bummed after their last game and now this. No win in tourney play is guaranteed but I do believe this should make our first game slightly easier which is good cause we will need to be on our A game and rested for the final two. With a bummed fan base hopefully those ULL fans that were on the fence about going to Hot Springs wont now and we continue to travel well like we always do so everyone get your you know whats to Hot Springs! A huge UNT crowd in Hot Springs does make a difference and gives us a home court advantage. I truly believe our guys play off of us, their fans, so lets go be the difference makers! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

I wasn't gona go to this game cuz I was afraid of a loss and didn't want my first time in hot springs to be a short one. Where is a good place to eat in Hot Springs guys?

Any place with fellow Mean Green fans. We should have a running Hot Springs forum for us to post on and tell everyone where we can all meet up for eating and what not. Lucky's is our official team bar where everyone will meet before and after the games. FYI bars stay open late so bring your A game to the bars.

• Upvote 1

This is a good development. IMHO this game went from being a 50/50 tossup, to a 60/40 winning proposition for us. Can't pencil it in as a win, but you have to like our chances now. Especially since I always believe it's tough as hell to beat a team 3 times in a season if they are at all close to being evenly matched.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1