"IF"...We Don't Get In This Go Around How Will You...

PlummMeanGreen

I am still working on mine if we don't get in this Alliance or CUSA; that is, if they stay separate.

Honestly, I think we evenually get in--sooner or later because I'd never understand how they could keep out such a huge footprint as the DFW Metroplex is. I mean come on now, where the heck are they having their Alliance meeting as it is?

(Harry, if we get in this go around, please erase this thread--thanks in advance)! Plumm

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'll be disappointed somewhat. I'll still be at all the games and my support wont change, but we are trying to improve our program to move up, not to stay stagnant. I would like an explanation to what we are lacking (minus a consistent program which I truly feel is on the rise now), if anything, and what we need to work on. It'd be nice if RV could provide some kind of update?? Is this stealth recruiting?

• Upvote 1

I am still working on mine if we don't get in this Alliance or CUSA; that is, if they stay separate.

Honestly, I think we evenually get in--sooner or later because I'd never understand how they could keep out such a huge footprint as the DFW Metroplex is. I mean come on now, where the heck are they having their Alliance meeting as it is?

(Harry, if we get in this go around, please erase this thread--thanks in advance)! Plumm

GMG!

I don't know Plum - I hear that we need to have a mens baseball team and that a baseball team is maybe two, three years out

- also heard that we need to have another sport for the girls and that bowling is now being considered.

I think this will happen but maybe down the road a bit.

I don't think anyone wants to keep us out now, but as one poster said we need to show some consistency and growth in our programs.

• Upvote 1

GMG!

The only way I'd be fit to be tied if if somehow UTSA got in over us. Hopefully that's unlikely to happen. If we don't get in and LTU doesn't either I think there could be an opportunity to expand the Belt into divisions that may long term prove to be a benefit to us and a benefit in terms of increasing the Belt's strength and in terms of geographic sensibility that seems to be rare these days.

• Upvote 1

The only way I'd be fit to be tied if if somehow UTSA got in over us. Hopefully that's unlikely to happen. If we don't get in and LTU doesn't either I think there could be an opportunity to expand the Belt into divisions that may long term prove to be a benefit to us and a benefit in terms of increasing the Belt's strength and in terms of geographic sensibility that seems to be rare these days.

If you can't Join them, Then Beat them!

Get La tech and Utah State in the Belt and establish a Conference Championship Game...

GMG!

I refuse to consider this possibility. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can. If it all goes horribly wrong, I'll be back to make a post. :thumbsup:

I'd be doing exactly as I am doing today...supporting the Mean Green as best I can. My support for UNT and the Mean green does not hinge on conference affiliation in any way whatsoever. never has...never will.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that FIU probably does get the nod simply to appease ECU/Marshall. This will absolutely disgust me, but at least the Belt will be rid of maybe the worst named university in the nation.

Ideally, the Big East would just friggin invite ECU. What does the Big East have against them?? Their football attendance, alone, should make this a no-brainer. I don't get it. With ECU out of CUSA, they could finally shift their footprint back west, inviting UNT & La Tech/UTSA/TSU. The Belt would then be able to continue it's shift eastward. Nearly everyone involved would be happy. We don't really belong in the Belt, geographically and ECU no longer fits in CUSA.

Either way, I'm prepared for the worst while hoping for the best. So, to answer the question, nothing changes for me in terms of supporting UNT...but another little piece of my hope in mankind's ability to make sound, logical decisions dies if we are left out.

• Upvote 2