Arlington and UTA....working together

SilverEagle

Guys, look...whether we like it or not, UNT became somewhat of a hippie school whose apathy towards athletics was clearly evident in lowering itself to I-AA status.

We've had a longer road back than many programs. We're like the Ewoks trying to battle the Stormtroopers in Return of the Jedi. We can do it, it's just...it's just going to take some doing.

We all know that many people in the city of Denton are addled by long-term drug use. Functional, longtime marijuna users. We have to just ignore them, by pass them.

Those UNT Ewoks who live in Denton, need to be the ones involved in local government. You need to be the ones devising ways to kill the Empire with tree trunks and logs and spears.

• Upvote 1

No, UTA and Arlington haven't passed us by...yet. If they pull this off the score will be 1-1.

When UTA had football the people of Arlington didn't support them nor did they support basketball on the stage. I hope that they'll come to the university's nice new sports arena but I'll believe that when I see it.

The only time that Denton supported North Texas in recent years was the time that the Chamber of Commerce got behind the Baylor game and nearly filled Fouts. I'd like to see something similar as an annual event.

TFLF does have a point regarding how UNT is perceived in the eyes of some many. The university needs a campaign to show that the hippie life is but a small subculture of the University of North Texas. Highlight the emerging research program, TAMS, service to the community and athletics as more mainstream facets of the university that can positively affect the city of Denton.

Denton is an enigma. A large part of the attraction for Denton is because it is a college town yet it turns around and bites the hand that feeds it. They use the excuse that they have two universities and they have to support them both; yet they wind up giving little support to either.

• Upvote 1

Guys, look...whether we like it or not, UNT became somewhat of a hippie school whose apathy towards athletics was clearly evident in lowering itself to I-AA status.

We've had a longer road back than many programs. We're like the Ewoks trying to battle the Stormtroopers in Return of the Jedi. We can do it, it's just...it's just going to take some doing.

We all know that many people in the city of Denton are addled by long-term drug use. Functional, longtime marijuna users. We have to just ignore them, by pass them.

Those UNT Ewoks who live in Denton, need to be the ones involved in local government. You need to be the ones devising ways to kill the Empire with tree trunks and logs and spears.

what if i were to hijack one of their AT-ST's?

• Upvote 2

TFLF does have a point regarding how UNT is perceived in the eyes of some many. The university needs a campaign to show that the hippie life is but a small subculture of the University of North Texas. Highlight the emerging research program, TAMS, service to the community and athletics as more mainstream facets of the university that can positively affect the city of Denton.

Agree with this a lot. They need to bring in a very experienced marketing professional to the athletic department as well with a budget to build up their marketing efforts to go along with the improvements that have begun to take place. Not to mention, this would assist in moving up in conferences too.