UNT Lands Coppell Defensive Back David Busby

Harry

Coppell head coach Joe McBride confirmed this morning that UNT has picked up a commitment from safety/cornerback David Busby.

The 5-11, 180-pound senior played both cornerback and safety for Coppell.

I haven't gotten Busby on the phone yet, but Rivals has him listed as also having offers from Utah and Navy.

Read More: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

ESPN also shows Utah St. as the offer. Rivals seems a bit behind.

ESPN

From what I have seen, Busby was a All-State selection his junior year (according to this associated press story) and an honorable mention All-Stater this year. Maybe a down senior season? Hopefully playing through an injury?

Who knows, but 1st team All-State as a junior is pretty impressive.

Like this signing. Does this indicate that Leo Thomas is probably headed elsewhere? Either way, I am fine with it. I got to see Busby play a couple of times and this is a good pick up.

I think we hold on to Walling and Rice.

The QB that slips you mind is Evans from Mansfield.

Like the get. With signing day right around the corner let's hope we can hold onto Walling, Rice, and LaFrance. Add the QB whose name is slipping my mind right now and maybe throw in another DT and I'd be stoked with this class.

If all of this happens, I couldn't tell you how happy I'd be with this class.

"Busby committed to UNT a couple of weeks ago."

So, we heard some reports that a couple of DB offers were apparently pulled...due to positions being filled already in this class.

I think we heard something similar about Azuka Akozar(dt out of wylie)...the offer got pulled because of "unt filling its spots at this position"... or something like that.

So, was it aaron curry? was it???? HMMM.. I think we've got another DT commit out there that we don't have confirmed yet. Go Vito Go!

Edited by SHOSS

Look, Utah State's coach was the defensive coordinator at Utah as they were on the ascending path to the Pac-12. If it's that guy who believes the kid can play, the kid can probably play. I count this as a good get.

Wasn't meant as a shot at Busby, just trying to be accurate. Utah St offer is much more on the level of UNT and Navy than Utah. That the way football recruiting go.