Do any of the matchups intrigue you? I love the offenses in the WISC-ORE matchup. Two of the most efficient offenses in all the land, one that pounds you and one that runs around you.

Other thoughts:

What if the title game score is in the 40s?

What if LSU whips 'Bama, and Okie State whips Stanford?

I love those Virginia schools, Michigan's Robinson and Clemson's offense but can't for the life of me get up for their matchups.

Edited by greenminer

I'll probably watch all of them but I think the title game will be monster to watch.

What kind of monster? The kind that put you to sleep the first time these two teams played? Same conference, same two schools who played each other on national TV earlier? A team that didn't even make it to their conference title game? A great defense against a great offense? That kind of game? Oh, wait...they passed on that possibility to set up this possible "monster".

I'll be watching, of course, but sure hope I can stay awake past half-time. It sure was hard the first time around. YAWN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What kind of monster? The kind that put you to sleep the first time these two teams played? Same conference, same two schools who played each other on national TV earlier? A team that didn't even make it to their conference title game? A great defense against a great offense? That kind of game? Oh, wait...they passed on that possibility to set up this possible "monster".

I'll be watching, of course, but sure hope I can stay awake past half-time. It sure was hard the first time around. YAWN!

GoPokes.com - Scout.com

OState.com - Rivals.com

OrangePower.com - Independent

O-State.com - Independent

GoStateCowboys.com - Independent

• Upvote 3

GoPokes.com - Scout.com

OState.com - Rivals.com

OrangePower.com - Independent

O-State.com - Independent

GoStateCowboys.com - Independent

Don't forget OKState.edu

Indeed...Go Pokes!

Didn't realize you were such a fan of the Cowboys of OK State.

• Downvote 1

People who want to watch the 2 best teams in the land do not care 1) if they are in the same conference, and 2) they played a barn burner earlier.

Look, I really wish we had some playoff setup that allowed Okie State a chance, but given what we have this is clearly the best matchup.

And look at the season in it's entirety: both LSU and 'Bama have ridiculous offenses. It just so happens that both have the top 2 defenses in the country, so the game becomes that much more intriguing to the rest of us.

Take your offensive panties to the Big 12. It's very pretty over there, and you get to watch from a really comfortable couch the SEC play awesome defense on their way to 6 straight BCS championships.

PS: don't ever make me defend the SEC like that again :)

• Upvote 2

For the first time since its inception, I doubt I'll even watch the BCS title game. Because, regardless of who wins, the answer is, "Who cares?" LSU already beat Bama once; if they beat them again it only shows what has already been proven on the field. If Bama wins, they'll still need another game for best two out of three.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People who want to watch the 2 best teams in the land do not care 1) if they are in the same conference, and 2) they played a barn burner earlier.

Look, I really wish we had some playoff setup that allowed Okie State a chance, but given what we have this is clearly the best match up.

And look at the season in it's entirety: both LSU and 'Bama have ridiculous offenses. It just so happens that both have the top 2 defenses in the country, so the game becomes that much more intriguing to the rest of us.

Take your offensive panties to the Big 12. It's very pretty over there, and you get to watch from a really comfortable couch the SEC play awesome defense on their way to 6 straight BCS championships.

PS: don't ever make me defend the SEC like that again :)

Hey, SEC needs no defending, but this match-up certainly does. Boring possibilities for a title championship game. And, no...it's not the best match-up they could have had. Who wants to watch a conference also-ran like "Bama get a shot at the National Title? Check out which team has more wins this year against top 25 teams and which team has more wins against bowl teams this season. The answer is, of course, OKIE STATE! Take off those "bama red colored glasses and try to look for the best match-up from a couple of teams who actually accomplished something within their conferences this year, against ranked opponents and against bowl selected teams.

But, fact remains...it's Also-ran "bama against a legit contender in LSU...YAWN! Too bad the second legit contender is going to the Fiesta Bowl this year. :rolleyes: ....right back at ya!

OK, I'll admit to a big bias in favor of Okie State...just sayin...not impartial here at all.

• Downvote 1

I saw most of the LSU/Alabama game earlier this year and while there was very little to no offense I thought the defensive battle was still awesome to watch. It kinda reminds you of a classic pitchers duel. Very little to no offense but you know these are still two badass teams just playing their asses off.

• Upvote 1

I saw most of the LSU/Alabama game earlier this year and while there was very little to no offense I thought the defensive battle was still awesome to watch. It kinda reminds you of a classic pitchers duel. Very little to no offense but you know these are still two badass teams just playing their asses off.

Sounds like one of those soccer games people on this sight love to hate. Not much scoring but "two badass teams playing their asses off". Why is that a "yawn" and this isn't?

tell me...how many top 25 teams did Alabama beat this season? How many bowl teams did they beat this season? Seems to me the Okie State boys played a tougher schedule and lost one game...but won their conference crown. Something Bama couldn't accomplish. They were all home "safe and sound" at no risk when the rest of the conference championship games were being played. OK, it is what it is...I'll watch and hope it's a great game, but if "bama wins do thwey deserve to be #1 or should we see a rubber match between the same two teams once again?

• Downvote 1

Hey, SEC needs no defending, but this match-up certainly does. Boring possibilities for a title championship game. And, no...it's not the best match-up they could have had. Who wants to watch a conference also-ran like "Bama get a shot at the National Title? Check out which team has more wins this year against top 25 teams and which team has more wins against bowl teams this season. The answer is, of course, OKIE STATE! Take off those "bama red colored glasses and try to look for the best match-up from a couple of teams who actually accomplished something within their conferences this year, against ranked opponents and against bowl selected teams.

But, fact remains...it's Also-ran "bama against a legit contender in LSU...YAWN! Too bad the second legit contender is going to the Fiesta Bowl this year. :rolleyes: ....right back at ya!

OK, I'll admit to a big bias in favor of Okie State...just sayin...not impartial here at all.

I'm pretty sure that's an opinion. To each his own. I'll take an "also-ran" Bama over a OSU team that lost to Iowa State. If there is one one-loss team that deserves to be in the title match, IMO, it is Bama because the only team they lost to is the consensus #1? While you are tooting top-25 wins (that were due to those teams lacking their star power), 'bama was very much in the game against the fully armed and operational Bayou Bengals**, hammered all their top-25s too and didn't lose to someone on par with Vanderbilt.

The fact really is, OSU got the shaft because they couldn't take care of their business against a bum Iowa State team.

We can both agree on this: it's a shame OSU - the third legit contender - doesn't get a shot to decide all this on the field. We won't ever know what might have happened, but I am having flashbacks to OSU-Florida in the 2007 Gator Bowl.

51CCF48B7D0E4035944EFBAA9DD17FBA.jpg

One team lost to the #1 team in the nation. One team lost to Iowa St. The re-match is a common occurrence in sports. NFL teams meet in the playoffs or Super Bowl after having played in the regular season all the time. OSU controlled their destiny after Bama lost and they gave it away.

• Downvote 1

One team lost to the #1 team in the nation. One team lost to Iowa St. The re-match is a common occurrence in sports. NFL teams meet in the playoffs or Super Bowl after having played in the regular season all the time. OSU controlled their destiny after Bama lost and they gave it away.

OSU lost to a very tough game at Iowa State, less than 12 hours after the players heard about the death of the women's basketball head coach and Asst. coach. The game should have been postponed, but it wasn't and the Cowboys lost. Alabama lost at home to LSU, in a game which the dominated, but because of an inept kicking game was outscored in overtime. The re-match might be a common occurence in sports, but even if Alabama wins it will still the second best team in the SEC West.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

OSU lost to a very tough game at Iowa State, less than 12 hours after the players heard about the death of the women's basketball head coach and Asst. coach. The game should have been postponed, but it wasn't and the Cowboys lost. Alabama lost at home to LSU, in a game which the dominated, but because of an inept kicking game was outscored in overtime. The re-match might be a common occurence in sports, but even if Alabama wins it will still the second best team in the SEC West.

And whenever a wildcard team wins a championship they'r the 2nd best team in their conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The NFL has a playoff, so this argument does not hold water. Really, there is no right or wrong answer to the NC game because it's rigged by the BCS. LSU VS Alabama or LSU VS OKSt... whatever, doesn't matter, BCS has gotta go.

I remember a few years ago Michigan didn't get a rematch even though many people thought they deserved one. They lost in the 1 vs 2 game to Ohio State by three, only fell to #3 in the polls (sound familiar?). After USC lost to UCLA on the last day of the season, Michigan seemed prime for a rematch. Florida jumped them, but many people thought that was unfair. Michigan afterall had the "better" loss.

Both Michigan and OSU lost their bowl games, showing that perhaps the Big 10 wasn't as strong as thought. This year we do not get that opportunity, so we'll never know. With schedules where so few top teams play each other (and no playoff), there's really no way to know if the 2 best teams are in one conference or not --- which is why I think there should never be a game between conference opponents in the National Title game.

I'd bet money that 99% of those football players never said one word to any of the women's basketball coaches.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Those ten teams should be the playoff teams every year with those that would play in the title game getting the bye. But you will never see a playoff. The NCAA is all about money and wants to see us fans fill up the stadium for 32 other meaningless bowl games.

I think I read somewhere that the NCAA gets over 90%

Of its revenue from march madness. The BCS, as a separate entity, does not care to share $

Basically, the NCAA doesn't have reason to care.