Interview with Williams and Edwards

chrisfisher

I like when Williams talks about how he sat in the student section at the Texas Tech game and was blown away by the experience... it sounded like that play a major role in his decision to play for the Mean Green.

I like when Williams talks about how he sat in the student section at the Texas Tech game and was blown away by the experience... it sounded like that play a major role in his decision to play for the Mean Green.

I know we are preaching to the choir, but that one quote shows how important fans can be in helping to build a program. I really enjoyed his reaction to that question too, "I sat right there."

I also loved Edwards towards the end saying "if we just execute and play defense we will be alright."

As great as that environment was... He had already been committed for over 2 months by the time that game happened.

He verbaled in early September, and that game was 2nd week of November.

As great as that environment was... He had already been committed for over 2 months by the time that game happened.

He verbaled in early September, and that game was 2nd week of November.

Perhaps then it helped cement his decision when he was courted by other programs after he verbaled to us...

We need that kind of atmosphere for LSU this year. I'm sure it will be highly attended...wait, isn't that one Dec, 22nd? Won't most students be out of town when Tony Mitchell dons the mean green uniform for the first time, and miss it?

We need more home games like the Tech game scheduled, IDC what we have to do, those games are program builders. Like Williams, I haven't experienced anything like that in college basketball, that was by far my favorite game, the OSU game couldn't hold a candle to it. So excited for this season, GMG!!!!

Chris Jones will make 2nd or 3rd team All SBC. Mark my words.

We need that kind of atmosphere for LSU this year. I'm sure it will be highly attended...wait, isn't that one Dec, 22nd? Won't most students be out of town when Tony Mitchell dons the mean green uniform for the first time, and miss it?

We need more home games like the Tech game scheduled, IDC what we have to do, those games are program builders. Like Williams, I haven't experienced anything like that in college basketball, that was by far my favorite game, the OSU game couldn't hold a candle to it. So excited for this season, GMG!!!!

I was under the impression that Tony was scheduled to have a couple of SWAC games (Jackson/Grambling) to work his way into being a full-fledged MeanGreener before the LSU game. Hope that is correct.

• Upvote 1

What we need is for fans to show up regardless of who we are playing. That alone will help create income to allow us to "shop" around for other teams to come play us in the Super Pit.

Perhaps then it helped cement his decision when he was courted by other programs after he verbaled to us...

I'm not trying to give you a hard time... But as great as that scene was, it was totally irrelevant to Jordan Williams joining our team.

Jordan Williams signed his LOI on November 10th: http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205028627

The Texas Tech game was on November 16th: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=303200249

While I'm being an insufferable stickler for detail... Tony Mitchell will be academically eligible and should be cleared to play on December 18th. LSU would ideally be his 3rd game at home in a Mean Green uniform.

Still after the semester ends (because otherwise, he wouldn't be eligible). But LSU won't (or, at least, shouldn't) be his Mean Green premiere.

EDIT: foutsrouts already mentioned it. +1 to him.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time... But as great as that scene was, it was totally irrelevant to Jordan Williams joining our team.

Jordan Williams signed his LOI on November 10th: http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205028627

The Texas Tech game was on November 16th: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=303200249

Perhaps he psychically knew that he'd have a great time at the Texas Tech game and therefore went forward with his letter of intent?

• Upvote 1