UNT is a top team

houstonmeangreen

at the end of this season...special teams coach...fired.....def backs coach...fired....QB coach..fired. gotta tell ya. UNT's off just plain sucks....if Dan Mac lets this go then he is thinkin this is Iowa State again and he can take 5 yrs to turn things around...right now I am about as excited about UNT football as I was when TD was coaching.

It isn't even the half and I have quit watching the game...it is just too pathetic to watch, due to the above reasons.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 17

at the end of this season...special teams coach...fired.....def backs coach...fired....QB coach..fired. gotta tell ya. UNT's off just plain sucks....if Dan Mac lets this go then he is thinkin this is Iowa State again and he can take 5 yrs to turn things around...right now I am about as excited about UNT football as I was when TD was coaching.

It isn't even the half and I have quit watching the game...it is just too pathetic to watch, due to the above reasons.

Man, I'm real sorry you expected a big turn-around this year. Can you expand on what you feel the coaches are responsible for?

We've equaled last years' win total and have 3 more to play after this one. We knew this one might get ugly. A State is playing good football this year. Fundamentally sound.

Thompson is out. Our O-line is full of noobs. Our QB is a noob. The only way we get pressure is blitzes and Aplin is too quick/smart for that. We need Dline that can get pressure. We either need some players or we need some current guys to step up and become players.

• Upvote 4

North Texas is a quality team. Coming off a combined record of only 6-30 in the past three years, UNT already has three wins this season with two more easily in sight. HMG needs to take a chill pill. UNT had a bad game tonight, yes. But expect a different story at Troy in two weeks.

Go Coug yourself Houston.

North Texas is a quality team. Coming off a combined record of only 6-30 in the past three years, UNT already has three wins this season with two more easily in sight. HMG needs to take a chill pill. UNT had a bad game tonight, yes. But expect a different story at Troy in two weeks.

Go Coug yourself Houston.

I expect the same crap we saw tonight when they travel to Troy, until this coaching staff and team decide to play on the road I would expect nothing to change even with 2 weeks to prepare.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hey y'all,

Just got home from the game and got the kids in bed. Thought I would come on here and tell y'all that I am sorry your QB got hurt. Really wish y'all would have had him the whole game. We want the best our opponents have to offer. Although y'all struggled in the first half your team came out in the second and gave us a fight. Your special teams did very well and you D gave our QB fits all night. Overall it was a good game but I thought it would have been closer, and it probably would have without the injury.

I would like to point out that for the 8th straight game we have prevented any rusher from going over 100 yds. Our D is just playing incredibly strong this year.

Anyway, I know this was a tough loss for y'all but your program is improving and you will get back to the top soon. Good luck in the rest of the season. Hope y'all will now root for stAte as we go for the 2011 SunBelt Championship! I know I will be rooting for y'all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey y'all,

Just got home from the game and got the kids in bed. Thought I would come on here and tell y'all that I am sorry your QB got hurt. Really wish y'all would have had him the whole game. We want the best our opponents have to offer. Although y'all struggled in the first half your team came out in the second and gave us a fight. Your special teams did very well and you D gave our QB fits all night. Overall it was a good game but I thought it would have been closer, and it probably would have without the injury.

I would like to point out that for the 8th straight game we have prevented any rusher from going over 100 yds. Our D is just playing incredibly strong this year.

Anyway, I know this was a tough loss for y'all but your program is improving and you will get back to the top soon. Good luck in the rest of the season. Hope y'all will now root for stAte as we go for the 2011 SunBelt Championship! I know I will be rooting for y'all.

Much appreciated. Hell of a QB you guys have over there.

Hey y'all,

Thanks bud. You guys are the best in the belt and I know you will represent us well in the bowl game. Worst ASU whippin we have had since the one Cleo Lemon gave us in 2000.

Much appreciated. Hell of a QB you guys have over there.

He is a special guy. I am so glad he will be back next year! He is truly a "do it all" player who has been an accurate passer, our leading rusher, has caught TD passes and has even punted a couple times this season. I feel sorry for defenses against Aplin...they never know what he will do.

Feel free to have this talk with Coach Mac.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Of all the bad posts I've read, that one takes the prize. Wow. I really doubt we need that kind of attitude. With a chance to finish at or close to 500 this year, it's a pretty substantial turnaround. I know everyone expects instant 9-3 or 10-2, but seriously, the team has shown MASSIVE improvement. Now, we just need to get the horses.

• Upvote 3

Of all the bad posts I've read, that one takes the prize. Wow. I really doubt we need that kind of attitude. With a chance to finish at or close to 500 this year, it's a pretty substantial turnaround. I know everyone expects instant 9-3 or 10-2, but seriously, the team has shown MASSIVE improvement. Now, we just need to get the horses.

I wouldn't call 31-0 at half a big improvement for this football team...or how about 2 games where the off scored zero points, or have you looked at the box scores...those game numbers are painful....DT does a good job overall...just needs maturity, off line is young..will be real good in another yr or 2...but the def backs, special teams and play calling...not so good...i do like the way they have played in the second half...even though they almost lost to Indiana in the 4th, but I have seen no improvement in these areas overall...I expected a 5 win season...still excuses for playing they way they play too often just doesn't cut it...now good drink your green koolaid and work on your hope chest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I wouldn't call 31-0 at half a big improvement for this football team...or how about 2 games where the off scored zero points, or have you looked at the box scores...those game numbers are painful....DT does a good job overall...just needs maturity, off line is young..will be real good in another yr or 2...but the def backs, special teams and play calling...not so good...i do like the way they have played in the second half...even though they almost lost to Indiana in the 4th, but I have seen no improvement in these areas overall...I expected a 5 win season...still excuses for playing they way they play too often just doesn't cut it...now good drink your green koolaid and work on your hope chest.

Obviously you haven't followed football for a long time. You'd have a better understanding of our situation and what it will take to turn it around. But, go ahead and whine if it makes you feel better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

last year was dodge's senior team. coach mac had very little to work with when he arrived, unlike the new coaches at a-state and u.l.l.. the 6 loses are to teams that are just better than we are, including f.i.u.,a-state, and u.l.l. we were picked to win between 3 to 5 games, and are on track to accomplish that goal. granted the program is not where we want it to be, but i believe we will get there in the next 3 years. goals and objectives need to be realistic and obtainable with a little "pie in the sky". while we may not finish the season at 6&6, the fact that we have a real shot at it is in my mind the "pie". just an old mans opinion, freshman year 61'.