Rendering & Article of New UNT Pedestrian Bridge...

PlummMeanGreen

http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=55990

Glad to read the part where AD/RV talks about more pedestrian transportation for tailgater...maybe also tram/trains, too, a la 6 Flags Over Texas? Obviously, that would mean the bridge will be pretty wide to accommodate.

More exciting news from campus!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=55990

Glad to read the part where AD/RV talks about a tram/train (?) a la 6 Flags Over Texas? Obviously, that would mean the bridge will be pretty wide to accommodate.

More exciting news from campus!

GMG!

Hello and welcome to August 24th. :blink:

• Upvote 3

I had suggested to Jon allowing student groups to drive flat-bed carts to haul tailgate gear for fans for a donation. He thought it was a good idea.

Actually that's a very good idea. If the flat-bed carts-hauling-fan's-tailgating-gear comes to fruition, this will end up being one of the most fan friendly venues in the nation.

A tram/train could pick up students from east campus starting with Kerr Hall which I presume is still our largest dorm and give those students the joy ride of their lives to Apogee Stadium. Make it like the old run-a-way mine train at 6 Flags Over Texas kind of fun, too, where every sharp turn jarred every tooth in their mouths (and even teeth for some).

At North Texas we could make even the student's ride to the football game over the new MG/PB worth their (free) price of admisison.

(Sorry, haven't taken my meds, yet).:rolleyes:

GMG!

PS: I really hope they will look at the possibilities of tram/trains because that is even more Game Day enticement for those who really cannot walk far due to age or illness or ....laziness. The liability on such trains as that might be an ender of such an idea, though.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Cool! Now the Greeks will have an easier way of getting all their gear to the tailgating spot on top of the hill!!!

I think university offials need to have a real "come to Jesus" talk with the the frat and sorority council and both to try to come to some understanding as to what the university and athletic dept. officials would like Game Days at the Mean Green Village to actually be .....Game Day inside Apogee Stadium. If its recogntion these groups want they can get plenty of it inside the stadium as participants, especially at Homecoming games when they used to be an integral part of the crowd back in the day.

Like I heard one alum on Saturday who said: "UNT tailgating has become an unexpected monster for the many who don't come inside the stadium for the game."

GMG!

Side Note: Isn't it amazing how so few architectural renderings actually look like the final product? :)

• Downvote 1