Number 68 shoulders the full blame for this loss. Complete and full blame. I don't think I have ever seen a worse performance from a Cowboy offensive lineman. Cost his team at least 7 points. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

Garrett's horrible play calling on the last drive for the field goal followed by the 3 and out that immediately preceded the NE touchdown drive was also a huge factor. It looks like people on this board are not the only ones who have lost confidence in Romo.

I don't think those 6 plays indicated Garrett has lost confidence in Romo. Romo had over 300 yards passing on 40+ attempts. Garrett just played it way, way too conservatively, trying to milk the clock and use up NE's time outs, like so many coaches before him.

If anything, the conservative playcalling is far more a result of a lack of confidence in the undrafted rookie free agents all over the offensive line who continually make mistakes.

The problem with this offense? NAGY-COSTA-KOWALSKI-SMITH. Not to say they're not doing the best they can (Smith has been pretty good, actually... but when you start rookies all over the line (not to mention Free & Kosier struggling and Dockery hurt) it's on the GM. It's probably the worst OL in football. We can't run, we can barely protect, we've been without our starting WRs til today - it's miraculous this offense has done ANYTHING.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

I don't think those 6 plays indicated Garrett has lost confidence in Romo. Romo had over 300 yards passing on 40+ attempts. Garrett just played it way, way too conservatively, trying to milk the clock and use up NE's time outs, like so many coaches before him.

If anything, the conservative playcalling is far more a result of a lack of confidence in the undrafted rookie free agents all over the offensive line who continually make mistakes.

The problem with this offense? NAGY-COSTA-KOWALSKI-SMITH. Not to say they're not doing the best they can (Smith has been pretty good, actually... but when you start rookies all over the line (not to mention Free & Kosier struggling and Dockery hurt) it's on the GM. It's probably the worst OL in football. We can't run, we can barely protect, we've been without our starting WRs til today - it's miraculous this offense has done ANYTHING.

Up 3 on Brady with the ball at your 35 yard line with 4 minutes left and you run 3 straight running plays against a run blitz? I agree with you on the O line, but you still have to give Romo a chance to put that game away. Did anyone really doubt the outcome when Brady got the ball back with over 2 1/2 minutes left? I know I didn't.

Doug Free cost this team the game today. Don't blame it on the rookies. Free F'n killed them.

I agree the line is bad, but not giving Romo a chance to win the game right there (which means getting 2 first downs) is bad coaching against the opponent they were playing.

Up 3 on Brady with the ball at your 35 yard line with 4 minutes left and you run 3 straight running plays against a run blitz? I agree with you on the O line, but you still have to give Romo a chance to put that game away. Did anyone really doubt the outcome when Brady got the ball back with over 2 1/2 minutes left? I know I didn't.

Doug Free cost this team the game today. Don't blame it on the rookies. Free F'n killed them.

I agree the line is bad, but not giving Romo a chance to win the game right there (which means getting 2 first downs) is bad coaching against the opponent they were playing.

Okay, I completely agree with everything you said here. I thought you were implying that Garrett chose to run three times there because he didn't trust Romo... I just think it was over-conservative bonehead decision making, regardless of personnel.

Okay, I completely agree with everything you said here. I thought you were implying that Garrett chose to run three times there because he didn't trust Romo... I just think it was over-conservative bonehead decision making, regardless of personnel.

But I do wonder if he made that decision with the Lions game in mind. There is just about no chance with this line and at that time in the game that you are going to get a 1st down running the ball. The 3rd down play didn't bother me that much, but running on 2nd and 12 when you lost 2 yards on 1st down with a run isn't typical Garrett.

I would understand the decision if you were playing Washington, but your playing Tom Brady.

Dez Bryant = Josh Howard

He's just about the most infuriating player I've ever seen. He's got all world size and ability yet only 2 receptions in the 2nd half of games all year.

Combine disappearing Dez, three sub par running backs, and and the NFL equivalent of UNT's offensive line and you've got the recipe for failure.

He's just about the most infuriating player I've ever seen. He's got all world size and ability yet only 2 receptions in the 2nd half of games all year.

Combine disappearing Dez, three sub par running backs, and and the NFL equivalent of UNT's offensive line and you've got the recipe for failure.

Exactly. I wonder if Romo doesn't throw to him as much because of the trust factor in that unless the ball is a perfect throw Bryant won't prevent the other defender from maybe picking it of or something. There's a lot of questions about Bryant and surely there's a reason he is disappearing the 2nd half....it may be because of whats between his ears right now.

I don't have a problem with CONSERVATIVE in that situation, but screens and slants are conservative pass plays that teams widely use. Even a play-action rollout to the TE/FB (I know our true FB was out) where Romo has the option to run the ball and slide if he must. The problem isn't so much WHAT Garrett does as it is that he's pretty reactionary and it leads to predictability.

• 2 weeks later...

If Romo gave a rip about this team he'd have ran down field and stopped Marty B. from deflecting that ball right to the Eagles. Selfish prick just stood there in the pocket and watched it happen.

It would also help if the defense decided to get off the sidelines and play some downs. There has yet to be any type of stop. Philly has had the ball 4 times this half and scored 3 of those times and should score save a miracle on this current drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gee, I go away for a few weeks over here and this place starts hanging cobwebs.

Seriously though,

I forgot to come back here after the last game and give Romo all the credit for the win. Some of the plays he created were unreal, and I have to admit when I'm wrong. I'm back on his band wagon for sure.

I still think we have a solid defense that could help this team continue it's run to the playoffs. I know it was scoffed at earlier, but it looks like that win in San Fran was a good one after all, eh?

Rick

Gee, I go away for a few weeks over here and this place starts hanging cobwebs.

Seriously though,

I forgot to come back here after the last game and give Romo all the credit for the win. Some of the plays he created were unreal, and I have to admit when I'm wrong. I'm back on his band wagon for sure.

I still think we have a solid defense that could help this team continue it's run to the playoffs. I know it was scoffed at earlier, but it looks like that win in San Fran was a good one after all, eh?

Rick

They have been playing no ones and barely beating them. This is a very average NFL team. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go 1-4 the rest of the way and finish 8-8. Arizona ain't gonna be easy, but then what is for this team?

Their only hope is that the Giants may actually be a below average NFL team.

Either way, one and done in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They have been playing no ones and barely beating them. This is a very average NFL team. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go 1-4 the rest of the way and finish 8-8. Arizona ain't gonna be easy, but then what is for this team?

Their only hope is that the Giants may actually be a below average NFL team.

Either way, one and done in the playoffs.

They throttled an average AFC team, beat an old rival in a stadium/city where things just always seem to go wrong for them, and beat a team with a terrible record that has been on a major uptick lately. How are Cowboys fans STILL so overly entitled?

They throttled an average AFC team, beat an old rival in a stadium/city where things just always seem to go wrong for them, and beat a team with a terrible record that has been on a major uptick lately. How are Cowboys fans STILL so overly entitled?

And this week's pseudo home game against the 4-win Cardinals team should also result in another empty win. Cupcake schedule is helping the Cowboys right now.

The only way the Cowboys win their first round playoff game is if it's at home.

In today's NFL a win is a win...you take them anyway you can because theres just so much parody. That being said Romo has been Jedi like and like I have said before the Cowboys have been good and relevant because of Romo since he bursted onto the scene. This season he's been tremendous and has carried this thing on his back for most of it despite having questionable talent around him like the OL etc. The defense to me is shaky at best and while I think they're an improvement to what Wade Phillips did with them they are still giving up a ton of yards and when they need to get a stop in critical drives late in games they seem to always give up some points.

7-4 going to AZ is great and while it will be a tough game I don't see Dallas losing this one because I just think they're the better team and they're continuing to progress. Plus half the stadium will be Cowboys fans so it will be almost like a home game. This is the Cowboys' division to lose at this point.

• Downvote 1