Pat Boone didn't sing last night

greenjoe

whhile we were at the Alumni Center before thee game, we heard "Pat Boone" rehearsing. When he "sang" the National Anthem, it was the same recording. Did you notice the band was standing, holding their instruments. I'm assuming he recorded it with the Green Brigade earlier, or maybe it was patched into a GB recording, but it wasn't sung live last night.

Many stadiums do this to avoid the 1 or 2 or 3 second delay confusing the persormer, to prevent any risk of forgetting the words, or to prrevent some nut from making a statement with our national Anthem. I think it's actually a good idea for the above reasons. You still hear who you are hearing, just not live.

I'm going to the Pat Boone concert this afternoon. I hope there is a large croud there. I hope there's a large croud with anything NT does.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

whhile we were at the Alumni Center before thee game, we heard "Pat Boone" rehearsing. When he "sang" the National Anthem, it was the same recording. Did you notice the band was standing, holding their instruments. I'm assuming he recorded it with the Green Brigade earlier, or maybe it was patched into a GB recording, but it wasn't sung live last night.

Many stadiums do this to avoid the 1 or 2 or 3 second delay confusing the persormer, to prevent any risk of forgetting the words, or to prrevent some nut from making a statement with our national Anthem. I think it's actually a good idea for the above reasons. You still hear who you are hearing, just not live.

I'm going to the Pat Boone concert this afternoon. I hope there is a large croud there. I hope there's a large croud with anything NT does.

GO MEAN GREEN

So does this mean he was standing down there appearing to sing, but not really singing live? We were trying to get into the stadium while he was singing so I never saw him.

I'm very glad I saw Pat Boone tonight. However, he did a lot more talking than singing. He had a piano man, but he also had sound tracks and on at least one song, he was singing along with himself. After hearing the concert, I don't think the Green Brigade was involved at all. He has recorded an album of patriotic music and i would guess the national Anthem is on said album. Again, I'm glad I went and the place looked to be about 90-95% sold.

Pat Boone, creating a Milli Vanillie lip sync scandal at Apogee Stadium? :blink: Oh Conservative milk drinking Pat, some of us will forgive you and some of us won't! It's just what we do at North Texas.:rolleyes:

Personally, I think Boone "live" or lip synced superbly knocked the Star Spangled Banner out of the park last night for a 77 year old crooner. I was shocked with his vocal quality and vocal range at his age, too

My favorite Pat Boone song has most always been Moody River which I love to sing at a karaoke bar. Read where all 4 of his daughters were born at Denton's Flow Hospital back in the day. My late mother loved Pat Boone so with that alone Boone has sainthood status with me.

GMG!.

• 3 weeks later...

No bigger Pat Boone fan than I but here is a YouTube of him in a very embarrassing moment which our fellow alum handled quite admirably. I will probably go to to the bad place for posting this but here it is anyway. :rolleyes::blink:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=a9aBeRVToGk

PS: Actually, I am very quickly becoming a candidate for a little "extra" hair myself. Amazing what the family genes can award you with later in life, eh?:rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen