North Texas Soccer vs SMU

Matt

Nikki Crocco scored both goals, including the game winning in the 87th minute! The stadium was packed...hopefully it broke the attendance record. The Vball game going on tonight may have kept us just under it though.

This was probably in my top 5 North Texas Athletics experiences ever. Just because of the huge crowd and the win.

• Upvote 1

The previous attendance record of 1246 was broken tonight! Tonight's attendance for the 2-1 NT victory was announced at 1283!

I know I'm technically replying to myself, but it is just so the people who click "last post" have some context.

I had mentioned before that the Vball game last night may have kept soccer from beating the attendance record. Obviously, that wasn't the case. I just wanted to also add that vball had an attendance of 400+.

So...1700-1800 NT fans were in the Mean Green Village last night cheering on our teams...That is pretty exciting! We used to not even get that for men's basketball.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

I'll also add the UNT student turnout for the soccer game was outstanding. Last year there were significantly more SMU fans attending the match, in contrast to last nights game where it was all GREEN!

The university spirit was outstanding from the guys that painted themselves green,Scrappy engaging the fans, and the awesome chants supporting the team. I saw players from football, basketball, swimming and softball supporting the girls...that kind of home field support is a significant advantage. I spoke with a couple of freshman that were blown away at the support soccer received on a holiday weekend, they said they would definitely attended more games this year. Great win! :goodjob: GMG

• Upvote 1