Is FIU this good?

NCMeanGreen

It's called rebuilding bros. Deal with it.

You'd have to be talking with people whom possess a grasp on reality. Keep fighting the good fight, though.

I just rec. my tickets in the mail.. I am going to burn them

Send me the Houston game tickets. I'm flying in just for the stadium opening. I'd love the opportunity to be better associated more with my beloved alma mater, however life sometimes gets in the way and I can only schedule my schedule around ESPN3, KNTU and poor MGPremium feeds. You know, because I actually care. Maybe there are others out there like me who would relish the chance at your other tickets.

Or...just go eff yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1-AA

I just rec. my tickets in the mail.. I am going to burn them

make sure you hold onto the tickets as they burn...this is our school...give up this easy??? later, bye...get some aloe for the burns i hope you endure...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we will have an interesting first 5 games! Now we will see if the coaching staff makes the adjustments so that by the end of the game it will be a respectable score. We had our tails handed to us in the first quarter.

Our QB is frustrated so do not know what the issues are other than the coaches are having to shuttle the OL due to injury to JJ at center at the beginning of the game.

I hope our D can get more pressure on FIU QB for 2nd half.

Will go for now since I am watching on computer ESPN3 and listening to George & Hank on computer.

GMG

dear lord we are slow, slow, slow

Slow Slow Slow - and Small, Small Small. Some of those FIU guys look like SEC guys standing next to our players. We're just not very competitive up front on either side of the ball. They're pushing us around all over the field.

That being said... we also don't look ready for this game. Their defense looks like they are very ready - ours looks completely lost.

I have to kinda agree with Emmitt - if we are really that slow and small, then our cupboard really was left bare.

Anyway, I love our guys and know we'll get better eventually - but it's going to be tough to watch for a while.....

Slow Slow Slow - and Small, Small Small. Some of those FIU guys look like SEC guys standing next to our players. We're just not very competitive up front on either side of the ball. They're pushing us around all over the field.

That being said... we also don't look ready for this game. Their defense looks like they are very ready - ours looks completely lost.

I have to kinda agree with Emmitt - if we are really that slow and small, then our cupboard really was left bare.

Anyway, I love our guys and know we'll get better eventually - but it's going to be tough to watch for a while.....

We're not small at all on paper, but I guess we're still using TD's left over stationary.

Did anybody pay any attention to what coach Mac has been saying? It's one thing to hope for miracles, but UNT football has been a disaster since Dickey quit recruiting. Inertia like that will take some time to reverse. How long did it take for JJ to fix the mess he found?

This. A million times this.

The one thing I will say is these freshman guards need to go if at all possible. I understand the idea of choosing youth in a rebuilding season but we're screwing Dunbar over if there is anything even slightly better on the roster.

I agree...but I don't think Mac is readying for a big '12 with his rhetoric and a stadium opening looming. I think Lemon and Y'Barbo are as good as it gets this season.

I'm a die-hard fan just like the rest of you guys, but I really didn't expect to get drilled this bad. But hey, we once lost our opener 65-0 and then went on to win our conference.

I will always support our boys in the midst of all the trash talk. But yes, I never expected to get pushed around like this. What was bothering me early on was how Derek exposed the hand offs to Dunbar to the FIU defense. There was no urgency or attempt to conceal the play. They knew exactly where Dunbar was going.

JRock

I will always support our boys in the midst of all the trash talk. But yes, I never expected to get pushed around like this. What was bothering me early on was how Derek exposed the hand offs to Dunbar to the FIU defense. There was no urgency or attempt to conceal the play. They knew exactly where Dunbar was going.

JRock

That's because, and it's my main frustration with this game, the zone/read is most effective when you have a running threat at QB. That's not Thompson.

Everyone seems so enamored with a big tall QB here, but seems ignorant of the fact that the offense clicked last season with Dodge and Baine at the helm.