Happy Birthday Gray Eagle

KRAM1

Gray Eagle...Green59 pointed out to me that today was YOUR DAY...and a milestone one at that! Congrats on the 80 years...but most of all I wanted to say Happy Birthday and thanks so much for your loyal and longstanding support of UNT...not only in athletics but for the university in general. The Mean Green Nation stands to salute you, Sir!

This is your day, make it a great one...you own it!

Happy Birthday, Jack.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Congrats Jack, and how long of those 80 years has Jessica had to put up with you now?:D

As you will recall what Coach Bill Blakely used to say: "We've seen everything around here 'cept child birth" and personally, I'm hoping to see that at the Grand Opening of a stadium.:unsure: (uh, just kiddin of course)

Not meaning to play Ralph Edwards of the old TV series "This Is Your LIfe" but I remember talking to you when I worked for Great Commonwealth Life Insurance on Viceroy near the RCA building and when you were still with Jimmy Dean. Many of those conversations back in the 70's we spoke of our hopes and dreams for Mean Green football and on September 10'th you, your lovely wife Jessica, myself & the entire Mean Green Nation will see one of those major dreams come true.

Jack many on this board & beyond know the great people, NT alums and Mean Green fans who've long passed who won't be at this stadium's debut, but somehow /someway I know we will all hope they will be watching all this from a great vantage point as the Mean Green tee it up against the UH Cougars.

Back on point:

Happy Birthday, Gray Eagle!

Jack! have a great B-day.

I would like to add that as role model for being a North Texas fan, you won't find a better example than Jack (GrayEagle) Fincher. Jack is very loyal, very knowledgeable (VERY), and best of all, the epitome of professionalism and class.

Jack is the one that inspired me to suggest that there should be some sort of recognition for North Texas fans who have attended games in all three of our official football venues. When he and his wife walk into Apogee stadium on the 10th of Sept. he will have done just that.

I think that one of the next podcast here on GMG.com should be a sit down with GrayEagle to discuss the History of North Texas football since he became involved as a fan.

Again, Happy Birthday Jack!

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I'm sorry to bump this back to the board again but I wanted to thank all, and the verbal well-wishers especially, for the kind remarks. I can't live up to the kudos given but they were humbly appreciated. And to Jim if I can make it to Wednesday, Jessica and I will have completed 54 years of marriage.

I'm having some health issues at the moment but I'm hopeful that everything will be under control by September 10 when I'll see you at one of the greater events of my life. Not quite equal to my wedding day or the birth of my children but damn close.

I cherish the friendship of those on this board, met or unmet, and hope that we are beginning the greatest era of success in the history of our alma mater.

• Upvote 4