Texas Monthly College Football Issue

JayDub

---Trivia question #1 from this issue: Whose mascot actually killed an opponent's mascot at a game ???

Answer is: 9 over on first row. Details later..

---Trivia question #2: Whose mascot above actually died about halftime of a game ???

Answer is: 6 over on first row... again details later. [ May not be in issue, just know it ]

----Trivia question #3: Which Texas D-I team is not represented on first row ???

Answer is: My favorite one. No details needed..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Doesn't SMU trot out a miniature pony during their games? How could that thing kill any other team's mascot unless they were playing Georgia Tech or something?

Apparently that Pony is not one to be messed with. He has tried to mount Texas Tech's "Blackie" several times and has apparently kicked Bevo pretty hard. I still think that the Eagle residing in the Wing Section of the stadium would make mince meat out of My Little Pony.

1. SMU

2. Tech

yep....

#1 SMU's Pony kicked Fordham's Ram in the head in 1934... killing it......at least that is what "Texas Monthly" (p.126) claims. Wikipedia says the same.

#2 Tech's horse ran into the tunnel wall at halftime at an Aggie game in Lubbock (maybe 1994) after slipping on the concrete. That broke its neck so end of one horse.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Guys that would be me and my girlfriend in the picture. As you can see, they are more worried about the big 12 schools. That was my only complaint about the photoshoot. I had a lot of fun, and hats off to Texas Monthly.

Thanks for doing it..

Not a problem guys, I got my copy in the mail today. They talk about boomer some, and Mean Joe Greene. Also about how each mascot is deadly, and could kill the other. Yeah that kid from Baylor did look like Andy Dalton, he was a nice kid though. The SMU and TCU guys were tools.

Edited by jtm0097