Dominic Ramacher And Conner Crane

Evidently Iowa State is recruiting Dominic Ramacher and Conner Crane from Denton. Do any of you guys have any insight on these two? They sound like good players, any additional info you guys could provide would be welcome.

What are the chances UNT gets involved? I kinda hope you stay away :)

http://iowastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1206579

Fear not, yellow snow. UNT has terrible luck in recruiting hometown athletes. It's a matter of perception and wanting to get away to go to college. Give ole Dan a couple of years and I think that we might see some hometown boys stay home to play for UNT.

Guyer High School is relatively new, but advanced to the Texas state 5A, biggest division, Finals this year before losing in a very exciting game. Guyer's leader was the QB that signed with Oklahoma State and was the coaches son. It will be interesting to see how they do with quite a bit of talent graduating. I don't have any information on these two young men, but they tend to have a pretty athletic team. Both are listed in the Area Top 75, see link in other thread in this section of the board.

Edited by UNTLifer

Crane will probably draw a lot of Big 12 type interest before all is said and done. His size and speed alone make him an FBS prospect but his hands push him to BCS level potentially. Ramacher is an interesting player. Having seen him a few times he seems to be one of those under the radar guys..the kind that don't impress you so much on paper but always seem to be making plays on the field...I like those types. I think it would be great for UNT to make some strong inroads in recruiting the Denton ISD under McCarney, but I also understand it is tough to convince an 18 year old kid who can go anywhere in the country, all expenses paid, to stay in the same town he has been in all his life, with the same people he has known all his life, and the same parents just a few miles away.

Evidently Iowa State is recruiting Dominic Ramacher and Conner Crane from Denton. Do any of you guys have any insight on these two? They sound like good players, any additional info you guys could provide would be welcome.

What are the chances UNT gets involved? I kinda hope you stay away :)

http://iowastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1206579

I want to bring up a point here..... 11 athletes listed on Rivals last year in Denton. 18 Athletes listed in Denton for the 2012 Recruiting Class. That number will get higher and the number of schools wishing to pluck our recruits from our own backyard will continue to increase. When do we use this as leverage to get home and homes with the schools that we pick? With the talent in our backyard there should be ZERO reason that we have to do 2 for 1s anymore. We are not Ruston, Lafayette, Monroe, Murfreesboro or Troy. We have Denton....which outproduces everyone of our competition's city's talent by far.....and that doesn't count all the talent residing in DFW!

Sorry to rant....I am just saying I don't want to see anymore 2 for 1s occur at this school.

I want to bring up a point here..... 11 athletes listed on Rivals last year in Denton. 18 Athletes listed in Denton for the 2012 Recruiting Class. That number will get higher and the number of schools wishing to pluck our recruits from our own backyard will continue to increase. When do we use this as leverage to get home and homes with the schools that we pick? With the talent in our backyard there should be ZERO reason that we have to do 2 for 1s anymore. We are not Ruston, Lafayette, Monroe, Murfreesboro or Troy. We have Denton....which outproduces everyone of our competition's city's talent by far.....and that doesn't count all the talent residing in DFW!

Sorry to rant....I am just saying I don't want to see anymore 2 for 1s occur at this school.

Agreed. Graylin Hawkins was the latest example of this. We signed him to land Hall the QB and then Hall bailed on us. Now Hawkins has quit and we are again without another scholarship player. There are unique situations that we should consider doing this but by and large I hope we discontinue the practice of this.

Agreed. Graylin Hawkins was the latest example of this. We signed him to land Hall the QB and then Hall bailed on us. Now Hawkins has quit and we are again without another scholarship player. There are unique situations that we should consider doing this but by and large I hope we discontinue the practice of this.

This is quite the interesting (and accurate) spin on AAUNT's comment Harry.

I think he was referring to scheduling 2 for 1 games with other schools so they can come to Denton and play in front of all of Denton's talent (let alone the rest of DFW's talent). That opportunity alone should be enough for schools like OKSt/Missou/Ark/etc... to come play in Denton in a home/home series.

But your observation is also correct.

This is quite the interesting (and accurate) spin on AAUNT's comment Harry.

I think he was referring to scheduling 2 for 1 games with other schools so they can come to Denton and play in front of all of Denton's talent (let alone the rest of DFW's talent). That opportunity alone should be enough for schools like OKSt/Missou/Ark/etc... to come play in Denton in a home/home series.

But your observation is also correct.

So Harry sorta made this a 2 for 1 thread?

• Upvote 2