Great To See All The Traffic On Unt Bb Board.

UNTMike81

I haven't seen this many folks consistently logged into the basketball message board in years!!! Much less in the hart of FB recruiting season. Again, hats off to Johnny Jones for pulling in Tony Mitchell to UNT. Oh, welcome a board Mr. Mitchell!!!

I'm sure you'll make your grades just fine. Here's to seeing you on the court soon. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

the basketball board is more intresting than the football one right now.... the bball board is usually the dead one, but looks like football will have to take a back seat to bball atleast til national signing day.

You know, more people read Tom Clancy than Tom Robbins. Doesn't make it right.

• Upvote 2

CMJ...you're always right!!! I will start this one off. "The House that Johnny built"!!! When we win the SBC can you imagine what the announcers will be saying many times during the game, win or lose, win of course. UNT has 5 seniors but reloading won't be a problem because UNT has as close to Michigan's fab 5 as anyone!!! Williams, Mitchell, Robinson, Norris, Jones, etc. The announcers will be repeating this theme over and over. The deeper into March Madness we go the more they will talk about it.

The last time UNT went dancing I called a Houston Talk radio station and told them the story about Shannon Shorter's grandmother. Shorter's grandmother if you didn't know is a personal trainer here in Houston and competes in national body building contests. In Shannon's younger days he was sort of unruly so his mom sent him to his grandmothers house to live. At that point Shannon straightened up because grandma laid down the law. Shannon could act up because grandma could go toe to toe. Point is I wanted radio station to interview Shorter's grandmother based on UNT, Shannon, and her body building career. Station sports talk hosts said when UNT made the sweet 16 they'd have Shannon grandmother on. :notfair:

This years a perfect year to have Shannon's family on the air. :thumbsu: If UNT doesn't make it that far I'm going to try to get Shannon's grandmother on in 2011-12. I'm sure UNT will at least go to the sweet 16, but could go as far as final 4!!! I've been drinking a lot of Kool-Aid today, and it taste's GREAT!!!

UNT has 5 seniors but reloading won't be a problem because UNT has as close to Michigan's fab 5 as anyone!!! Williams, Mitchell, Robinson, Norris, Jones, etc. The announcers will be repeating this theme over and over. The deeper into March Madness we go the more they will talk about it.

Too bad we don't have at least one of our big guns back next year to provide some veteran stability, but on the other hand I think at least 3 of our newbies are about ready for primetime. This year's gonna be fun at the very least, but next year I have no doubt that The Pit will be seriously rockin with some very serious young guns! Nice job JJ!

Too bad we don't have at least one of our big guns back next year to provide some veteran stability, but on the other hand I think at least 3 of our newbies are about ready for primetime. This year's gonna be fun at the very least, but next year I have no doubt that The Pit will be seriously rockin with some very serious young guns! Nice job JJ!

Knox? :thumbsu:

Kedrick will be back and should be a tremendous help.

• Upvote 1

Kendrick, Alzee, and Ben should add some stability to the incoming freshmen class.

Let's not forget the work by JJ and the current and past players to get this program to this level.

Can't wait for this year's postseason and next year's potential!

GMG!!!

Don't forget Holmen. There was a nice story on him and his recent contributions in the DRC the other day. I like the returning nucleus and love what's coming on board, and if I am not mistaken, we still have another scholarship to give. Can someone confirm that?