Dd To Texas State As Oc ?

MeanGreen61

He isn't coming on board as OC.. that position is Mike Schultz's from MTSU

Latest from FootballScoop.com

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Texas State: We are hearing former New Mexico offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey will be a co-offensive coordinator / running backs coach. We also hear Tulsa defensive backs coach / recruiting coordinator Van Malone will join the staff. According to our source, Charlie Reeve will be retained and will coach the wide receivers.

Edited by MeanGreen61

I will be really surprised if Texas State doesn't do very well over the course of the next 5 years or so. Fran's expertise is in turning around downtrodden programs and he always hires big names for assistants. If he gets Dickey, Van Malone, Mike Schultz, along with his son, Brad, their recruiting connections in Texas will be very strong. I see thme being very good, again much faster than UTSA.

• Downvote 1

I hate to be the one to admit this, but if NT does not turn this thinig around quickly and Fran gets TXSt turned around, we will begin LOSING commits to them... :startle: ...I don't think I can bear that.

If we do like we've done most of the last 35 years you will be correct. I do think what conference we're in will be even more important now.

At some point, we may want to all start acting like a new "impressive" stadium built by those who built the Cowboys "JerryWorld", a new coach with FBS head football coach experience, non-stop growth on campus, our DFW alums burgeoning numbers, City of Denton and Denton County population explosions may actually give us a golden opportunity to not be the UNT of those last 35 years which featured a (non funny) comedy of revolving door hires, low goals and not 1 Top 25 football team at the upper level of the NCAA.

GMG!

• Upvote 1