Uh Oh, Uh Oh

Quoner

I think I'd argue he was able to take the hits more successfully than the two guys that started before him this year... Just sayin.

**crosses fingers for a Matt Vizza like barrage from Todge soon**

Really, because I

had thought, "quitters, we don't need!"

Change mind, avoid lumps?

Dear (insert QB name who transferred in January with 2 years of eligibility remaining) :

I appreciate (insert specific game where you gutted out a solid performance despite taking a horrible physical pounding) and I'll never forget the excitement we had when you signed on to play for us in ( 1) 2007 / 2) 2008) .

Seeing you sacrifice your body for a losing team was inspiring and humbling, and I'll always be grateful for the courage you showed on the field. To hear that you've decided to transfer away from a team that needed you so badly is heartbreaking ( 1) but completely understandable / 2) and an obvious sign of deep moral failing) .

I know it wouldn't have been the same for you to try and carry on here without your ( 1) father / 2) best friend) , and I ( 1) totally understand / 2) hope you die of syphilis) .

You gave a commitment to this team. You gave your word that you'd fight and struggle alongside your teammates. Those other guys were relying on your impressive physical talent and leadership. But instead, almost at the end of the window this team has to replace you, you've decided to move on and look for a fresh start somewhere else. ( 1) It must have been hard, but I respect that difficult choice and I say: "good for you". / 2) Die, die, die you godless animal, I hate you with ever fiber of my being.

In the end, there's one thing we can all agree on as members of the North Texas family: Most of the blame for this probably belongs with your dad.

I was really hoping these were links rather than just under-line font. You know...as a history major.

• Upvote 2

I hope Coach Mac can bring in some players that WANT to play for the Mean Green and will honor their commitment. Not come here as a last resort and bow out when things don't go exactly how they've planned.

I understand that but he was recruited here to play QB. I'm guessing Coach Mac had informed him he wasn't going to be the QB. This transfer was probably just as appreciated by the new coaching staff as it was by Riley.

I think it was mutually beneficial to both parties.

Riley's not the QB to get us to the next level. UNT is not the program for Riley anymore.

Add the father factor in and I don't blame him. I thought he handled the whole situation publicly with class and continues to.

I see where a lot of transfers get labeled as "quitters" but I think there were special circumstances in this case. and again, it's not like Riley is leaving us high and dry.

Riley and Todd Dodge both handled the whole situation with class.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Wow, the Dodge era is truly over.

I'm a bit disappointed, but it's understandable. It's hard to tell if he was told he won't be allowed to compete for the starting QB job, or he just wants a fresh start regardless. I thank him for all he gave to NT - especially for his effort after his dad was let go - and wish him success (unless he goes to an FBS school we play) and good health.

If I remember correctly, he graduated HS a semester early and started at NT in the spring in order to participate in spring practices. If that's the case, then he may be close to getting his degree, especially if he took any AP classes in HS and/or summer classes at NT. Maybe he is only transferring as far as football is concerned, but actually applying for grad school?

Then again, maybe TD is interviewing for a HC job at FCS schools...

Edited by Stix

it's not like Riley is leaving us high and dry.

Riley and Todd Dodge both handled the whole situation with class.

Nope, we've got two walk-ons, a guy with a shattered leg and roughly three drives worth of NCAA experience, and a JUCO transfer who started out at a 1-AA school.

opulence-motivational-poster1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nope, we've got two walk-ons, a guy with a shattered leg and roughly three drives worth of NCAA experience, and a JUCO transfer who started out at a 1-AA school.

So then yesterday you felt good about our QB situation and now we're screwed?

(although I do love the little giraffe)

Edited by TheColonyEagle

Only good news is that we have time to go drag the pond to see if we can find another Juco QB. I'm surprised a little by this move. I figured he gut it out to see if he could win the North Texas starting job. It's not like he as a NFL future that he's losing if he doesn't get to play QB.

So then yesterday you felt good about our QB situation and now we're screwed?

(although I do love the little giraffe)

Total honesty?

Right now, all I really care about in the world of Mean Green sports is George Odufuwa's ankle.

It's amazing how far my level of football give-a-poop has plummeted since 2008.

But yes, I do think this is an even bigger hit, given the circumstances and the alternatives, than Vizza's departure was.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Another head scratcher by a NT QB. First, just like Vizza no one can question Dodge's play and effort on the field. I guess playing for a school that fired your dad is too tough. I would have though staying with your teammates and finishing at NT would be preferable to a fc division program for Dodge. However, I have appreciated Riley for the past three years and have been in awe of his competitiveness, best luck to him wherever he ends up. .

• Upvote 2

Good luck to Riley. Classy kid and fun to watch, he left it all on the field in games. :goodjob:

As a parent I would be concerned about his decision to continue as QB with his injury history. I understand his great desire to play but his future health would seem more important to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Total honesty?

Right now, all I really care about in the world of Mean Green sports is George Odufuwa's ankle.

It's amazing how far my level of football give-a-poop has plummeted since 2008.

But yes, I do think this is an even bigger hit, given the circumstances and the alternatives, than Vizza's departure was.

Don't forget, while basketball under JJ is fun and nice, football drives the bus for the total program. Conference membership decisions in expansion are based on football and the image of a program is how it's football goes. :bow:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Don't forget, while basketball under JJ is fun and nice, football drives the bus for the total program. Conference membership decisions in expansion are based on football and the image of a program is how it's football goes. :bow:

sri-lankan-practice-drop.jpg

Thank goodness there's a smaller bus that JJ's driving, or we'd be dead right now.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

sri-lankan-practice-drop.jpg

Thank goodness there's a smaller bus that JJ's driving, or we'd be dead right now.

give it up kid.

the mwc didn't want boise for it's basketball. the big10 didn't want nebraska for it's basketball. the pac10 didn't want utah and colorado for their basketball.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9