Will We Go After One Of These Dt's?

UNTLifer

Scout.com: Uncommitted JUCO DT's.

Rivals

These are the JUCO DT's listed as uncommitted.

What? It can't be...there are OTHER DT's still not committed that UNT could actually go after? I thought we were holding a scholly waiting on the last DT in the whole world to sign. WOW! Imagine that! :sword:

Thanks for the link Lifer.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What? It can't be...there are OTHER DT's still not committed that UNT could actually go after? I thought we were holding a scholly waiting on the last DT in the whole world to sign. WOW! Imagine that! :sword:

Thanks for the link Lifer.

Why not find 50 fat kids who can't play football at all but really want to try? That level of "want to" will put us way over the top.

Think tank -- you're doin' it wrong.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why not find 50 fat kids who can't play football at all but really want to try? That level of "want to" will put us way over the top.

Think tank -- you're doin' it wrong.

Really? Did you even see the link? So, you think the kid is the last DT on the face of the earth? You need to get out more. Heard a great analogy last night before the men's basketball game...It's sort of like asking someone to the prom but letting them know they were on "stand-by" until and if no one else better could be found. I don't think UNT needs to be the "stand-by" prom date. If that's OK with you, it's just another reflection of why UNT gets so little respect from its alumni base. Too many are more than happy to be the "stand-by" prom date. Not me!

And, by the way...time has run out...48 hours gone...I'd pull the scholly offer now and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck getting that Miami offer. See ya! I'll be out looking for that "fat kid" with the "want to" to play for UNT in the first place.

Too many good things are happening for the Mean Green to play this "standby" game! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Really? Did you even see the link? So, you think the kid is the last DT on the face of the earth? You need to get out more. Heard a great analogy last night before the men's basketball game...It's sort of like asking someone to the prom but letting them know they were on "stand-by" until and if no one else better could be found. I don't think UNT needs to be the "stand-by" prom date. If that's OK with you, it's just another reflection of why UNT gets so little respect from its alumni base. Too many are more than happy to be the "stand-by" prom date. Not me!

And, by the way...time has run out...48 hours gone...I'd pull the scholly offer now and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck getting that Miami offer. See ya! I'll be out looking for that "fat kid" with the "want to" to play for UNT in the first place.

Too many good things are happening for the Mean Green to play this "standby" game! Go Mean Green!

Agree 100%. Then make sure the media writes something to the effect that "UNT offered, the kid committed, we waited then pulled the offer when the kid didn't sign. We need to make a statement and quit playing second fiddle.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this post on so many different levels. As alum we gripe and complain about the lack of attention, lack of exposure, lack of publicity, lack of respect, etc that is given to our fine university and yet we ourselves are the ones that constantly run us down, both publicly and behind closed doors on this forum. I am proud of my degree from NT, I have done well with it (to me anyway) and I wouldn't trade my experiences here for anything. I think for too many years the very vocal minority has tried to point out every single flaw we have while the very silent majority stood around with our thumbs up our rears.

NT needs to start standing up proud and getting the respect we deserve from the general public and our alum base as well.

• Upvote 1

I trust that Coach Mac has already laid out what he needs and who they will be going after to his staff. One of the early comments he made was his focus would be the local area first, whole State of Texas second, and if a lead is provided outside Texas will take a look to see if that individual will fit his program.

Do not know how the recruiting game is played. However, Coach Mac did indicate that he wanted young men that have goals of obtaining a quality education and have fun playing football. This would indicate to me that he will be going after quality recuits who are of good character and will take care of their academic and athletic performance requirements.

If you base it on Rivals evaluations there are only a handful of quality unsigned recruits. None of those indicated an interest in North Texas. However, those lists were no doubt made before Dan McCarney was chosen as head coach. We can't possibly know who or if it will affect to add North Texas to their interests.

There are only two that I found on Rivals list of 520 defensive tackles (class of 2011) that had an interest in UNT. They were Danny Edwards of Aledo and Johnny Hubbard of Dallas A.M. Smith. There were two others that caught my eye...Blake Pruitt of Mesquite Horn and Terell Brooks of Duncanville. Has anyone seen or heard about their play? The highly rated highschoolers were Isiah Norton of Dallas Kimball (5.7) and Devon Hocutt of Killeen Ellison (5.6). They appear to have many offers and I don't see us as having a chance.

Most of the JUCOs I know nothing about but two are rated 5.5 that have decent stats. Tony Gillespie (no not the Tony Gillespie that commited to Troy) of Independence KS CC may be the best uncommited JC other than Wright. Another, Rod Davis of Fort Scott CC, was highly touted but does not show any interest in four-year schools, therefore has not received a rating. Others that could be of interest are Chris Henderson (Trinity Valley CC), Mark Tupouata (Modesto CC) and Dominique Miller of Blinn.

There will be bodies available but will they be Division 1-A bodies? Only Coach Mac and his staff know that.

Edited by GrayEagle