Big year for a lot of my favorite bands.

20. Spoon - Transference

19. Old 97s - The Grande Theatre, Volume One

18. Kings of Convenience - Declaration of Dependence

17. Shout Out Louds - Work

16. Interpol - Interpol

15. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

14. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo

13. The Orbans - When We Were Wild - Fort Worth's own...debut album...good things to come

12. Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises

11. 180* South: Conquerors of the Useless Soundtrack - Ugly Casanova, James Mercer and Jack Johnson headline

10. Margot and the Nuclear So & So's - Buzzard

9. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

8. Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise

7. Midlake - Courage of Others - Denton's Own.

6. Black Keys - Brothers

5. Junip - Fields

4. Roky Erickson w/Okkervil River - True Love Cast Out All Evil - Roky Erickson is an Austin Legend, Founder of the 13th Floor Elevators, essentially the creators of the psychedelic rock sound...and has lived more than any of us could ever fathom. True genius.

3. National - High Violet

2. Broken Bells - Broken Bells

1. Grinderman - Grinderman 2 - Skipped out on flying home for the Tech game to see these guys live...no regrets whatsoever.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Big year for a lot of my favorite bands.

20. Spoon - Transference

19. Old 97s - The Grande Theatre, Volume One

18. Kings of Convenience - Declaration of Dependence

17. Shout Out Louds - Work

16. Interpol - Interpol

15. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

14. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo

13. The Orbans - When We Were Wild - Fort Worth's own...debut album...good things to come

12. Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises

11. 180* South: Conquerors of the Useless Soundtrack - Ugly Casanova, James Mercer and Jack Johnson headline

10. Margot and the Nuclear So & So's - Buzzard

9. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

8. Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise

7. Midlake - Courage of Others - Denton's Own.

6. Black Keys - Brothers

5. Junip - Fields

4. Roky Erickson w/Okkervil River - True Love Cast Out All Evil - Roky Erickson is an Austin Legend, Founder of the 13th Floor Elevators, essentially the creators of the psychedelic rock sound...and has lived more than any of us could ever fathom. True genius.

3. National - High Violet

2. Broken Bells - Broken Bells

1. Grinderman - Grinderman 2 - Skipped out on flying home for the Tech game to see these guys live...no regrets whatsoever.

WHO? WHAT? :huh:

Dude, that song is like 7 years old.

Is it awesome? Well, obviously, it is. But it isn't 2010.

YA BIG DUMMY!!!!!

I typed "The Tasty Greek" into the Wu-Tang Name Generator: Arrogant Beggar

I then typed "Censored by Laurie" into the Wu-Tang Name Generator:

B-Loved Wanderer.

Can't argue with the RZA, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck and U-God

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1

Old man.

Who you callin' old? Joe Peterno thinks I am young. It's all relative, kid! You'll get that one of these days, if you are lucky enough to live so long! HeHe! My point was more toward where is Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flats, Keith Urban, etc., etc. on that list? Well, it does have Midlake and that makes it sort of OK. But for the most part, WHO?????? :rolleyes: Just having a little fun with you kiddo!

Dude, that song is like 7 years old.

Is it awesome? Well, obviously, it is. But it isn't 2010.

YA BIG DUMMY!!!!!

The official side of car rides home from SBC Basketball tournaments and Church's parking lots.

In no particular order

The Besnard Lakes: Are the Roaring Night

Deerhunter: The Halycon Digest

Harlem: Hippies

Vampire Weekend: Contra

Shad: TSOL

Neon Indian: Psychic Chasms (yeah I know it was released last year, but fck it)

and yes, Plastic Beach was pretty swell too.

Edited by Coffee and TV

See, they "don't teach you nothin' in Yankee Land"! You need to "come home" more often! :sword::rolleyes:

Spoon, Midlake, Old 97s, The Orbans and Roky Erickson are all Texas acts.

Perhaps some "Texans" should "broaden their horizons" and recognize the "really", really good music being made "by" other Texans.

• Upvote 1

The best album I heard in 2010 (and it was released late 09) was "Meteor" by Tennessee's the Shazam.

If you're a sort of retro power pop fan who likes crunchy, Raspberries/Cheap Trick/the Move/Billy Squier-type stuff, you might like the record. Produced by Mack, who did a lot of Queen's '70's output, and Squier's "Don't Say No."

Speaking of Roky--I hope he's in better health than the last time I saw him, which was 1984, with Alejandro Escovedo's old band True Believers. They blasted out "Two Headed Dog" with Roky on vocals, and it was pretty mind-blowing.

Roky was so out of it, that they had to tell him to stop playing the song, as it was going on for well over 10-15 minutes, with Roky at full-bore shriek. They had to hold his hand to walk him on and offstage.

Definitely too much acid, but you couldn't take your eyes off the performance, and Roky's voice was something you might hear in Hell.

Speaking of Roky--I hope he's in better health than the last time I saw him, which was 1984, with Alejandro Escovedo's old band True Believers. They blasted out "Two Headed Dog" with Roky on vocals, and it was pretty mind-blowing.

Roky was so out of it, that they had to tell him to stop playing the song, as it was going on for well over 10-15 minutes, with Roky at full-bore shriek. They had to hold his hand to walk him on and offstage.

Definitely too much acid, but you couldn't take your eyes off the performance, and Roky's voice was something you might hear in Hell.

I imagine he's not fully sober...probably off the hard stuff, but it is 26 years after what sounds like an awesome show and he's still around and kickin'.

I'm taking that last sentence as a compliment for Roky. I want this song as the backdrop for my eventual suicide.

I imagine he's not fully sober...probably off the hard stuff, but it is 26 years after what sounds like an awesome show and he's still around and kickin'.

I'm taking that last sentence as a compliment for Roky. I want this song as the backdrop for my eventual suicide.

Predicting your own death is so much easier when you are pulling all the strings.

• Upvote 1

Uncomfortable. :blink:

Yes, the last sentence was definitely a compliment.