More Good Things From Coach Mac

Dr. Seuss

News from the players, Their all sold are on the Coach Mac train Were getting rid of the Under Armour and palced a bid in NIKE, thank god. Another great news is that Coach Nelson is staying as the Defense Line Coach.

GMG

This is not good...i was told by a member of the team that he is not a good evaluator of talent...(ex the gilmore position swap last season) and that the DL players dont like him.

Nelson seems like an emotional dedicated coach and given their background together; I feared he would be retained. The Gilmore, Cantly switcheroo between DT and DE just made no sense and certainly proved to be more than questionable and we saw a recurrence this year with McCoy. Maybe Nelson is better than I think, but he has made some very poor football decisions. His defensive tackles were actually good this year, but he never found the right combination at DEs. The good thing is that McCarney unlike Dodge has the knowledge to keep him in check and hopefully he will bring in an excellent Defensive Coordinator.

Nelson seems like an emotional dedicated coach and given their background together; I feared he would be retained. The Gilmore, Cantly switcheroo between DT and DE just made no sense and certainly proved to be more than questionable and we saw a recurrence this year with McCoy. Maybe Nelson is better than I think, but he has made some very poor football decisions. His defensive tackles were actually good this year, but he never found the right combination at DEs. The good thing is that McCarney unlike Dodge has the knowledge to keep him in check and hopefully he will bring in an excellent Defensive Coordinator.

Not only will McCarney have a say but he's also hiring a defensive coordinator. So there will be two defensive coaches above Nelson who will have a say in personel decisions.

This is not good...i was told by a member of the team that he is not a good evaluator of talent...(ex the gilmore position swap last season) and that the DL players dont like him.

Well if the DL didnt like Nellie then why would KC come from California to UNT, and who was his biggest recruit....Coach Nelson. DMac is coaching the DT and Nellie is coaching the Ends. Get ready for the big man Richard Abbe to lose some weight and be a mother F*CKIN stud. The kid threw is an athlete and weighs 352lbs

How do we already know UA is gone and Nike is in? What does 'placed a bid in NIKE' mean? I'd rather have UA than New Balance.

You have to place a bid or let me dumb it down because we only graduated from North Texas. For a athletic/football program to get sponsored by NIKE they have to place a bid or basically ask them if they would like to have UNT to represent them. Then NIKE has the final say on whether they would want us to wear their unis or let us still look like we are in high school.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

You have to place a bid or let me dumb it down because we only graduated from North Texas. For a athletic/football program to get sponsored by NIKE they have to place a bid or basically ask them if they would like to have UNT to represent them. Then NIKE has the final say on whether they would want us to wear their unis or let us still look like we are in high school.

Typical Frat response.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2