Fact Or Fiction? Unt's Salary Offer To Mccarney

NT80

A first time poster on a Gator Nation thread Wednesday claimed to know the salary package being offered by UNT. If true, we have upped our $$ a lot (per year)...

"Base salary at UNT will be $585,000. Total package with incentives, $950,000"

The post is about half way down the thread (also interesting fan thoughts about McCarney's job at UF in the thread)...

http://thegatornation.freeforums.org/dan-mccarney-to-north-texas-t14762.html

Edited by NT80
  • Downvote 1

A first time poster on a Gator Nation thread Wednesday claimed to know the salary package being offered by UNT. If true, we have upped our $$ a lot...

"Base salary at UNT will be $585,000. Total package with incentives, $950,000"

The post is about half way down the thread (also interesting fan thoughts about McCarney's job at UF in the thread)...

http://thegatornation.freeforums.org/dan-mccarney-to-north-texas-t14762.html

I would be surprised if anyone here can answer this but the salary seems to be in range with what I thought we would start with.

• Upvote 1

We probably already have, or are in the process of, signing someone. Maybe one of the people you or I want.

Your just mad because you don't know who ;)

I can honestly write I'm happy I haven't heard for sure yet. It makes me feet better about the process. I was a recent grad and heard about the Bob Tyler hire before it was announced. We CAN'T do that again!!!!

Those who think Dodge was terrible were not here for Tyler!

We can't screw this up like we did then. Silence is golden.

According to:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2654565

Mccarney was making 225,000 base when he resigned from ISU.

All these other coaches that we have discussed, we have assumed they could be had at a discounted rate from what they were getting when they last HC'd. Why would our base for him be so much more than what he was getting in 2006?

Please note of the post talking about salary on Gator Nation. He joined on Nov. 24 and that was their first post ever.

That could mean a number of things.

Once of the things it COULD mean is that he is a well know/connected poster that doesn't want to give his identity away, or possibly that of his source, so he creates a new account to give away some information.

These things have happened before, maybe even here on gmg.com ph34r.gif

Please note of the post talking about salary on Gator Nation. He joined on Nov. 24 and that was their first post ever.

Once of the things it COULD mean is that he is a well know/connected poster that doesn't want to give his identity away, or possibly that of his source, so he creates a new account to give away some information.

According to:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2654565

Mccarney was making 225,000 base when he resigned from ISU.

All these other coaches that we have discussed, we have assumed they could be had at a discounted rate from what they were getting when they last HC'd. Why would our base for him be so much more than what he was getting in 2006?

Very good point.

Also, those #'s are in the range I have heard as possibilities. Now, the incentives seem high, but they could be something along the lines of "getting us to a BCS game", which, if we achieved, would more than cover them.

Stop poking the bear.

That's how I viewed it. Someone with inside knowledge of our situation was overlooking the comments on the GatorNation board about McCarney perhaps getting hired at UNT. The posts before his implies we can't pay much or not enough to entice him to consider leaving his UF job for UNT. I think this poster showed what was being offered to counter those posts.

If you would let me create another profile I'd drop all kinds of sensitive information, I'm not currently comfortable releasing, all over this place.

• Downvote 1

I can honestly write I'm happy I haven't heard for sure yet. It makes me feet better about the process. I was a recent grad and heard about the Bob Tyler hire before it was announced. We CAN'T do that again!!!!

Those who think Dodge was terrible were not here for Tyler!

We can't screw this up like we did then. Silence is golden.

I was here for Tyler and Tyler's team was much more competitive than any of Dodge's till the fourth year. Off the field was a different story, however; Dodge also had a lot of off the field issues. No fan of Tyler; he was a sleaze; but fail to see how he was hired as being any kind of factor.