Shouldnt Dignity Alone Prevent This?

emmitt01

Dignity? Texas?

This was the $120 million dollar program that held Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, and Baylor over a barrel for their bowl money last summer in their threat to break up the Big 12.

Over and over and over again...Screw Texas. Screw the Big 12. Screw the "traditional powers" that keep milking the system whether they win, lose, or draw.

There's not a shred of dignity or integrity within the athletic department at UT. I guarantee you they'd take a bowl bid at 5-7...with Mack Brown mumbling his putrid crap all the way to the bank. They shamelessly whine and manipulate even when they are winning. A little losing won't humble those money-grubbing maggots.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Dignity? Texas?

This was the $120 million dollar program that held Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, and Baylor over a barrel for their bowl money last summer in their threat to break up the Big 12.

Over and over and over again...Screw Texas. Screw the Big 12. Screw the "traditional powers" that keep milking the system whether they win, lose, or draw.

There's not a shred of dignity or integrity within the athletic department at UT. I guarantee you they'd take a bowl bid at 5-7...with Mack Brown mumbling his putrid crap all the way to the bank. They shamelessly whine and manipulate even when they are winning. A little losing won't humble those money-grubbing maggots.

TFLF, according to some, you just have penis envy of texas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

TFLF, according to some, you just have penis envy of texas.

Nope...he used logic and reason to make a point and articulated it really well. Sometimes it's all in how you say it, my good man.

Regardless, since were all on the same side here, here's what needs to happen to make sure Texas is home -- and more importantly, not practicing -- for the holidays. From ESPN Dallas:

What it means for Texas: Texas will most likely be home for the holidays for the first time since 1997. There are 64 bowl-eligible teams in America, and 70 slots for bowl teams. Eleven more teams will play over the weekend to achieve bowl eligibility. Want to keep an eye on your fate, Longhorns? Here are the remaining teams playing for bowl eligibility this week: Colorado, Louisville, Houston, Western Michigan, Oregon State, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Troy, Florida International and Louisiana-Monroe. Six of those teams must win to keep a 5-7 team from playing in a bowl.

Well look at that, the Belt will actually have a big say in this.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Nope...he used logic and reason to make a point and articulated it really well. Sometimes it's all in how you say it, my good man.

My statement was a shot at those on the board who get their taint bruised at the very mention of a negative tu comment. I agree wholeheartedly with him.

• Downvote 8

There is little dignity where $$$ is involved. Texas may be a whore but I'd hesitate to trash the Big XII. We might some day be considered for that conference so let's not get everyone PO'ed.

And Jack when that day comes, we'll both be playing our angelic harpist version of Glory to the Green.

I just don't know what shade of green I want my heavenly cloud to be just yet; who knows, might run a poll on GMG.com to get some ideas, but I know that, too, would probaby end in a stalemate. :lol:

GMG!

My statement was a shot at those on the board who get their taint bruised at the very mention of a negative tu comment. I agree wholeheartedly with him.

Oh Rudy, you're hilarious.

TFLF made a great post. So did Emmitt. +1s for you two.

UT (the program) might make some money off of going to a bowl game, but I highly doubt they'll sniff the amount of whatever a bowl game might make off of them. The real money grubbers are the bowl games. Bowl presidents have already petitioned the NCAA to let 5-7 teams go, because of instances like this. UT and it's fans have so much money to spend, that a bowl game would have them if they were 0fers this year. You'll continue to see Mack Brown push for a bowl invite for his team, because his contract, his coaches contracts and probably the ADs contract have bonuses tied to bowl appearances.

So on top of NT91s well delivered "F Ohio St", I'd like to add, F the BCS and all of the Bowl Games for milking these academic institutions and amateur athletes for all their worth and F the NCAA for letting it happen and not restoring the integrity to post season play.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dignity? Texas?

And if UNT had a chance to go to a bowl games with the same record....they wouldn't go.....yea right!

And nobody is positing that 70 bowl slots is perhaps a tad too many? I recall two years ago that there were 68 slots and exactly 68 eligible teams. Might as well just have 60 bowl games so everybody gets to play.

Give it a few years. Bowl games for everyone will be the NCAA's version or participation trophies for all.

I think you would solve the problem quickly to simply say you need to be at least 7-5. A quick glance at the standings reveals 16 or so teams that are bowl eligible with only 6 wins. If 50% of those lose their remaining game, that's at least 8 teams that will go to a bowl game with a 6 win record. Also, there are about a half dozen teams that currently have 5 wins that will likely get their 6th this weekend to make them eligible.

In other words, about 12-16 teams will go to bowls this year with 6 wins. That's 6-8 bowl games that, frankly, need to be cut.

This whole bowl system is a mind numbing sham. Teams/schools don't make money for going to bowl games. Bowl games make money for themselves. That's why there's so many. If anything, they will keep adding bowls and teams to D-1A so that more bowls can be added because more teams will be bowl eligible.

Until schools start turning down bowl bids, they will keep adding more.

• Upvote 1

This whole bowl system is a mind numbing sham. Teams/schools don't make money for going to bowl games. Bowl games make money for themselves. That's why there's so many. If anything, they will keep adding bowls and teams to D-1A so that more bowls can be added because more teams will be bowl eligible.

Until schools start turning down bowl bids, they will keep adding more.

+1