The W A C And North Texas

UNTFan23

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

With the WAC getting carved up like a turkey with Boise leaving 2011 and Nevada & Fresno State leaving in 2012 with Hawaii almost a certain thing of moving FB to the MWC and all remaining sports to the West Conference, is it time to consider the WAC a "Mid-Major" conference? They would be included in the pool of America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast conferences.

I know there are some that don't see the WAC as a "mid-major" but after losing several key schools, I don't see how they can keep that current classification. Also, how many auto-bids does the WAC currently have? If they have more than 1 auto-bid, I'd say they are at risk of losing more than 1 of bid.

Overall, what does everyone everyone think of the "new" WAC? Would it be a good idea for North Texas to move to the WAC?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

With the WAC getting carved up like a turkey with Boise leaving 2011 and Nevada & Fresno State leaving in 2012 with Hawaii almost a certain thing of moving FB to the MWC and all remaining sports to the West Conference, is it time to consider the WAC a "Mid-Major" conference? They would be included in the pool of America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast conferences.

I know there are some that don't see the WAC as a "mid-major" but after losing several key schools, I don't see how they can keep that current classification. Also, how many auto-bids does the WAC currently have? If they have more than 1 auto-bid, I'd say they are at risk of losing more than 1 of bid.

Overall, what does everyone everyone think of the "new" WAC? Would it be a good idea for North Texas to move to the WAC?

No...extend invites to NMSU and La Tech.

• Upvote 1