Unt Exhibition Game Wed Free On M G Premium

NT80

Try to go if you can, but for those that can't make the men's basketball exhibition game Wed. night it is advertised as a free video broadcast on MeanGreenSports.com, Mean Green Premium...

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=564&SPSID=9106

http://www.meangreensports.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?SPSID=&oemid=1800&type=vod&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=&DB_MENU_ID=

• Downvote 1

Try to go if you can, but for those that can't make the men's basketball exhibition game Wed. night it is advertised as a free video broadcast on MeanGreenSports.com, Mean Green Premium...

http://www.meangreen...=564&SPSID=9106

http://www.meangreen...ID=&DB_MENU_ID=

Is the exhibition itself free? It seems like some have been free and some not in the past.

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=564&SPSID=9106

http://www.meangreensports.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?SPSID=&oemid=1800&type=vod&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=&DB_MENU_ID=

bump

• Downvote 1

What a lackluster effort, a real bad game by the Green. Sure didn't see anybody close to earning Tramiels' minutes. Holmen and Edwards both didn't show anything. White kind of sleepwalked through the game. Good showing by Shorter and Johnson.. Hogans was ok but based on this one game, has not upped his game much.

White, Odufuwa, Thompson, Shorter, Williams and Johnson will all be fine, but I am concerned about the other post position.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good attendance tonight: 2126

This is significantly higher than the exhibition attendance the last few years...

2009: 1391 (Newman)

2008: N/A

2007: 847 (Oklahoma Panhandle State)

2006: N/A

2005: 898 (Abilene Christian)

Hopefully this is a sign of good attendance to come. :D

It sure didn't look it. I thought there was no more than 1000. It really looked pitiful to me. However I did hear a lot of chatter about the upcoming Tech game. I am going to be upset with anything less than 5k. I'm going to bring atleast ten with me, and believe it or not it's pretty hard to convince my fellow students to be as excited and passionate about UNT as I am.

As for the game, it was a really, really sluggish effort as said above. There were times when Odofuwa just got out hustled and then when the they were within 5 towards the end of the game it looked like he stepped his effort up. Still, White only had two points, and this is only one game, so I will give them a pass. Shorter was tremendous and this team can hit the three, that is for sure. Once this team hits a stride and starts working Odofuwa in to the mix as well as Tristan they're going to be scary good. Also, I don't think people gave enough credit to this Ark-Mon. team, they were pretty good for a D2/3 team or whatever they play in. Regardless it baffles me how a school with 37k+ students can't show up to the basketball games, even when we are this good. Basketball needs a culture change, big time. I know I'll be at every game.

Edited by ntmeangreen11

What a lackluster effort, a real bad game by the Green. Sure didn't see anybody close to earning Tramiels' minutes. Holmen and Edwards both didn't show anything. White kind of sleepwalked through the game. Good showing by Shorter and Johnson.. Hogans was ok but based on this one game, has not upped his game much.

White, Odufuwa, Thompson, Shorter, Williams and Johnson will all be fine, but I am concerned about the other post position.

I hope they get a lot of rust knocked off before Tuesday and Texas Tech. This wasn't very pretty.

It sure didn't look it. I thought there was no more than 1000. It really looked pitiful to me. However I did hear a lot of chatter about the upcoming Tech game. I am going to be upset with anything less than 5k. I'm going to bring atleast ten with me, and believe it or not it's pretty hard to convince my fellow students to be as excited and passionate about UNT as I am.

As for the game, it was a really, really sluggish effort as said above. There were times when Odofuwa just got out hustled and then when the they were within 5 towards the end of the game it looked like he stepped his effort up. Still, White only had two points, and this is only one game, so I will give them a pass. Shorter was tremendous and this team can hit the three, that is for sure. Once this team hits a stride and starts working Odofuwa in to the mix as well as Tristan they're going to be scary good. Also, I don't think people gave enough credit to this Ark-Mon. team, they were pretty good for a D2/3 team or whatever they play in. Regardless it baffles me how a school with 37k+ students can't show up to the basketball games, even when we are this good. Basketball needs a culture change, big time. I know I'll be at every game.

Really? the entire student section was filled for an exhibition....when has that ever happened at UNT?

Really? the entire student section was filled for an exhibition....when has that ever happened at UNT?

I was in the student section, there's no way there was more than 2 or 3 hundred of us. I am hoping more people didn't show because it was an exhibition. I think a lot of that 2100 was pre-sold tickets. With all the cars in the parking lot, I was elated and thought it was going to be packed, but it was just students at night class.

Then again I am not the best at estimating crowds, I almost always lowball it. I freeball too...

Yeah I think you are lowballing the attendance number, not bad for an exhibition game to be honest. I really think we could get more students out there if UNT tried to get the word out more, this whole week I saw nothing on campus advertising the game, nor have I seen any advertisement for the Tech game.

Exactly. It still blows my mind that they don't promote the games more around campus. Put me a charge and there would be a banner posted in every room, every hallway, every bathroom, I'd try to talk to the professors and tell them to remind the students if possible, so many more things that can be done. If this team can get off to a winning start or even steal a game at Kansas I think that will bring the fans in by itself.

Kind of concerned about the Tech game Tuesday. JJ's teams are notoriously slow starters. I think they will be fine by conference time, but I really want a Tech blowout (considering several Tech alumni will be accompanying me to the game).

This is almost identical, in terms of schedule setup, to the Oklahoma State game in 2007. I'm not saying we're a slam dunk to win it or anything, but I'm not concerned because of the timing.

Edited by TheTastyGreek