Vito Blog - End Of The Night Thoughts

MeanGreen61

Did you ever see the movie Elmer Gantry with Burt Lancaster? Some of whats going on with all this reminds me of that movie

The book's way better -- the movie is watered down and misses the point.

Also, as for the red numbers, it's clear you're a man who values making each word count, so you obviously wouldn't post about the negative votes all the time if it didn't bother you.

Red is one of my favorite colors so I kind of like those red numbers. I will sleep well tonight whereas I know others will not; that is, those who are even trying to bribe their way into what they apparently think is "an easy touch" crowd at North Texas who will hire just about anyone.

It's quite obvious PMG's goal is to draw everyone offsides and has apparently succeeded in that. It's clear he's playing a game.

It's quite obvious PMG's goal is to draw everyone offsides and has apparently succeeded in that. It's clear he's playing a game.

He's weeding out Team Canales -- that's for sure. He's just choking the lifeforce out of everyone else in the process.

• Upvote 4

My answer is that he will look how we hired our last 6 and how our leaders were suckered in by hiring most of that 6--none of whom bettered themselves after their North Texas careers as far as moving up the NCAA totem pole)

"Leaders were suckered" :lol: Six times they were suckered? Really? Your posts have become more and more idiotic. So you are basically saying your long time donor friends are suckers right?

Answer that question!

Sadly, this thread has derailed into a critique of Plummer and, even sadder, I will join in.

I used to give Plummer negatives for over use of emoticons, a constant change of font and color, general clutter and consistent grammatical butcherings that hurt my eyes to read.

Some might say a -1 is an overreaction on those grounds.

Now the guy has truly earned mass spillage of red ink.

And worse, he finally got me to respond to his bombastic, uninformed drivel.

To paraphrase Michael Corleone, "just when I thought I was out, he pulled me back in."

Signed,

Not Canale's wife, son, daughter, mom, dad, cousin, aunt, uncle, distant relation.

• Upvote 1

He's weeding out Team Canales -- that's for sure. He's just choking the lifeforce out of everyone else in the process.

And even worse is I've been having a little writer's block of late. :huh:

Hey! I just love a good, sound and passionate debate--that's all and I really feel bad when I think I've stepped over the line with some of ya'--I really do. You know who you are.

My late sainted mother used to tell me: "Jimmy, you could make the Pope cuss on Easter Sunday." :o:innocent: But I was still her favorite of 3--she wrote for a newspaper on the Golden Gulf Coast of Texas and I miss her every day of whatever time I have left here on Planet Mean Green. (Sorry--didn't intend to get mushy here).

GMG!

• Downvote 1

But........Canales has gone to new low's I've ever seen at UNT to do all this freeby give away crap to promote himself. Does he think those who will decide are stupid? Does he think the masses will buy into all this, too? Sure, a handful on GMG.com will because they even bought into the hiring of a womens BB Coach who was an assistant from an NCAA program that was 32-58 when North Texas hired her. That, too, has not been a successful hire but wouldn't that be predictable at 99% other NCAA outposts? I think all will see that these kind of hiring cycles will soon be broken by those who have the power to insure that it does.

Yet........the ones who will not buy into all this self-serving hype from Canales are the ones Rick V needs to contribute to this program and to actually buy tickets to watch the 7'th project no name hire in a row (which will not happen). We are becoming a laughing stock in the Metroplex for even entertaining such an idea for you who dare to even listen.

Be assured that cooler heads will prevail once this Barnum and Baily circus act is seen for what it is and look at the UNT Board of Regents as most strategic in leading the way to help North Texas breaking this 3 decade cycle of very bad hires, but meanwhile, enjoy the circus and all its clowns. Our Mean Green football team deserve a clean slate, a brand new start with a new direction and God knows their fans do too.

REALLY?!?!?!?! Come on PMG. He wants to be here, and he is trying to endear himself to the MG Nation. Isn't that what we all want in a coach? Someone who WANTS to be here? Didn't your mancrush Fry do that when he got hired?

• Upvote 1

REALLY?!?!?!?! Come on PMG. He wants to be here, and he is trying to endear himself to the MG Nation. Isn't that what we all want in a coach? Someone who WANTS to be here? Didn't your mancrush Fry do that when he got hired?

I want a coach that wants to win and has a plan to do so. I could give a crap if he wants to retire here, and think that a coach that feels this way probably doesn't have the ambition to make this thing successful.

For those of you that think Canales wouldn't be out of here in a New York minute if a Big 6 conference offered him a head coaching job (hell, even a MWC head position), you are delusional. We play in arguable the worst football conference at the FBS level. I don't want a guy that is willing to settle for that to coach this team.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think everyone on here would like to hire the North Texas equivalent of Joe Paterno. I would love this too, however, I don't know if THIS upcoming hire is the one that nets us THAT guy.

We need someone who can come in and use North Texas as a stepping stone to their next level. In doing so, they will hopefully leave UNT in a better place than where they found it. Slowly, we can work our way up to the level where North Texas is a desired position for any coach and we can hire, pay, and hang onto a top coach for a very long time. I believe that can happen.

I just don't think we're going to find our Joe Paterno with this hire.

• Upvote 1

Exactly,but don't tell PMG. Dude's been breathing the nuclear waste from Commanche Peak.

Good point UNTLifer! PMG won't discuss the fact based good things that Canales has accomplished. He only wants to crack on his wife and family for supporting his career. PMG is just a troll hiding under a bridge (behind a computer screen).

Does he ever talk about football (Xs & Os)? No! He claims to be friends with (5) major financial donors and then will turn around and throw (his buddies) them under the bus for supporting (6) project hires at UNT. With friends like that???

PMG needs attention in the worst way. His act is old!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good point UNTLifer! PMG won't discuss the fact based good things that Canales has accomplished. He only wants to crack on his wife and family for supporting his career. PMG is just a troll hiding under a bridge (behind a computer screen).

Does he ever talk about football (Xs & Os)? No! He claims to be friends with (5) major financial donors and then will turn around and throw (his buddies) them under the bus for supporting (6) project hires at UNT. With friends like that???

PMG needs attention in the worst way. His act is old!

Good. You're empowered now. That will be fun.

IMHO, I thought the team played harder than what I have seen in a long time. I think everyone who stayed thought that they would pull it out at the end. I saw a great deal of progress and fight under the Canales watch so far. Even this older UNT coach ....in his mid eighties....(can't remember his name right now) grabbed my and was estatic how Canales has molded this team. Got to agree with him. I think everyone could tell that he wished he was back down on the field last night. This had to be one of the better games that I have seen at Fouts in a while.

Is Canales going to be the next head coach? don't know. All I know is that I voted for him on Harry's coache's poll.

1. All I know, after last night's game, is that this team is not going to believe that the season is over.

2. The Boy Scouts should have brought more hot chocolate.

Appears to me that the team is really responding to Coach Canales and the Lock the Gate theme. Coach Canales' post game show was very enthusiastic in his attitute toward the team and players.

It is one thing to listen to the game on the raido, read about it in the paper but being there, last night, was priceless.

If anyone needs some "chill pills" I have some in my medicine cabinet from a couple of three or so years ago that CBL and Quoner sent me.

Grabbed your what? :blink: Other than that, I agree. That was a different North Texas team out there. And Mrs. Canales is a firecracker. I love her enthusiasm and support.