Dodge Reflects On Unt - Next Move

James Mosley

Next time Riley takes the field, Todd will be pulling for him from the stands, instead of overseeing him from the sidelines.

“Elizabeth and I are going to go watch our son play college football,” Dodge said. “That should be quite an experience. We might even do a little tailgaiting.”

• Upvote 1

I hope to see him at the games. Great guy and one of the most professionally done and classiest exits of any coach I have seen.

How Coach Dodge is handling this should be a model for all.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

That article pretty much says it in a nutshell. He is a strong man and will land on his feet. I have to shake my head because, while he may have had some shortcomings (don't know of any, just speculating), the guy had the worst run of luck of any coach I know of in such a short timespan. SNAKEBIT!

Sometimes a change is the only way to shake it. Sad for them, sad for us.

That would be pretty cool yet kinda odd. I wonder how he would feel walking around especially with people knowing what has been going on the last 3+ seasons. Well kudos to him.

I think he would feel just fine and would be very proud watching his son play. There would be plenty of people who would welcome him with open arms to their tailgate. If I were in his shoes I would come back and watch my son and I would be proud to do it. He's not the first coach to be fired nor will he be the last. Nothing to drag you rear around about and hide. I agree...kudos to Coach Dodge.

I hope Coach Dodge and his wife can relax now and enjoy watching their son play without all of the added stress and pressure they've endured these last few years. At the same time, I hope people can see and respect Riley as individual and not just blame everything on the coach's son. There's no denying Todd Dodge inherited a pretty bad situation. I think we can all agree that, while he clearly made mistakes, he did everything he knew how to do to make this program successful. As others have already stated, Coach Dodge has exhibited a great deal of integrity and class. For that, he has my utmost respect.