I Have To Get This Off My Chest

emmitt01

I keep reading over and over, ad nauseum (pun intended), how Todd Dodge has evolved, learned and made every change asked of him over the last four years. Well, since we love to talk about how swell of a guy he is, let's put this in terms of "husbands and fathers."

Year 1- Man X gets married. For a solid year he cheats on his wife and hangs out til all hours of the night. At the end of the year his wife says "if you cant be faithful I'm leaving you." So he stops cheating.

Year 2- Man X and his wife have twins. For a solid year he slaps his wife when he's angry, and occassionally shakes the babies. After bonding himself out repeatedly he resolves to never be violent again.

Year 3- Man X begins betting on the Cowboys each week. Oops, he's racked up quite a debt over the course of the year. His wife, despite much begging and pleading from family and friends, stays with him and takes out a second mortgage on the house to pay his gambling debts. She tells him though, "this is your last chance. One more screw up and I'm taking the kids and divorcing you."

Year 4- Man X is in his office when his secretary walks in. She confesses she's in love with him and kisses him before he can react. Unfortunately his wife wanted to surprise him on this day at work with a picnic lunch, and walks in on the kiss. He is "fired" as a husband on the spot.

Was the unsolicited kiss (much like injuries) out of his control and not his fault? Yes. Did he dig himself such a deep hole with abysmal husbanding to bring him to this point though? Again, yes. Even though he can honestly say "honey, look at all I've learned and the changes I've made" the words still ring (and justifiably so) quite hollow.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 18

I keep reading over and over, ad nauseum (pun intended), how Todd Dodge has evolved, learned and made every change asked of him over the last four years. Well, since we love to talk about how swell of a guy he is, let's put this in terms of "husbands and fathers."

Year 1- Man X gets married. For a solid year he cheats on his wife and hangs out til all hours of the night. At the end of the year his wife says "if you cant be faithful I'm leaving you." So he stops cheating.

Year 2- Man X and his wife have twins. For a solid year he slaps his wife when he's angry, and occassionally shakes the babies. After bonding himself out repeatedly he resolves to never be violent again.

Year 3- Man X begins betting on the Cowboys each week. Oops, he's racked up quite a debt over the course of the year. His wife, despite much begging and pleading from family and friends, stays with him and takes out a second mortgage on the house to pay his gambling debts. She tells him though, "this is your last chance. One more screw up and I'm taking the kids and divorcing you."

Year 4- Man X is in his office when his secretary walks in. She confesses she's in love with him and kisses him before he can react. Unfortunately his wife wanted to surprise him on this day at work with a picnic lunch, and walks in on the kiss. He is "fired" as a husband on the spot.

Was the unsolicited kiss (much like injuries) out of his control and not his fault? Yes. Did he dig himself such a deep hole with abysmal husbanding to bring him to this point though? Again, yes. Even though he can honestly say "honey, look at all I've learned and the changes I've made" the words still ring (and justifiably so) quite hollow.

Yes

• Downvote 2

Soooooooo are you saying that Todd Dodge is the worst coach in FBS history?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe Mr Mosley was right. If our program is the abused spouse, and Dodge the bad husband, then I guess in the last four years we can agree that it's "ALL ABOUT THE INJURIES" to our program's momentum, our fanbase, our national and local reputation and potential ticket sales in the new stadium if he's retained past this Monday. Yep, all about the injuries.