Devonta Abron, Kyan Anderson

SUMG

We knew that they had both visited....now Rivals list them as considering UNT (we hadn't been listed until today):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

Note: It says that Abron and Anderson are being recruited by Shawn Forrest. He had a rep as a great recruiter at Arkansas State. Since it takes a few years to develop recruiting relationships in particular areas....I wonder if his recruiting expertise is now starting to pay off at UNT. I don't know....just throwin' it out there.

Edit: Don't know why the link is not the right one. Anyway go to Rivals Database for UNT b-ball recruiting....you can see it.

Edited by SUMG

We knew that they had both visited....now Rivals list them as considering UNT (we hadn't been listed until today):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

Note: It says that Abron and Anderson are being recruited by Shawn Forrest. He had a rep as a great recruiter at Arkansas State. Since it takes a few years to develop recruiting relationships in particular areas....I wonder if his recruiting expertise is now starting to pay off at UNT. I don't know....just throwin' it out there.

Edit: Don't know why the link is not the right one. Anyway go to Rivals Database for UNT b-ball recruiting....you can see it.

Great! Although it looks like Abron has trimmed down his list and has 3 schools listed with his interest as "high", and we're not one of those.

Side note: I thought JJ offered Karim York. Is that not the case?

I've tried to do the link...and it keeps giving me that one.

Anyway....go to www.rivals.com

Click Basketball Recruiting.....then click Database. (Prospect search).

There just go to the North Texas listings for Class of 2011. You'll be able to see all 16 guys that have considered...some who are now commitments to UNT....some to other schools....and some still up for grabs.

Sorry about the bad link....I've tried to correct three different times.

Great! Although it looks like Abron has trimmed down his list and has 3 schools listed with his interest as "high", and we're not one of those.

Side note: I thought JJ offered Karim York. Is that not the case?

I think Troy Phillips reported the York offer. And as you can see...some times Rivals is bit behind. If we don't get Abron......I sure hope we can get York.

You like York over Robinson from Eastland (as far as PF goes)?

Any of those three would give us a PF...which we need in this class. Robinson has listed us on Rivals for quite a while....but I haven't heard that he has visited. We know that Abron visited....and I think I read that York is coming in this weekend??

It looks like Abron is the highest rated of the three. I'm not sure if York is higher rated than Robinson or vice versa.

Anyway....thanks for reminding me of Robinson. I'd be thrilled if we signed any of these three.

FYI: In state rankings....Texas Hoops has the power forwards ranked this way: (amongst all players)

Abron----6th best prospect in state

York---29th best

Robinson---42nd best.

BTW...during the Blakely era...we had a player named Kenneth "Tree" Robinson. I guess having Forrest Robinson would be the natural progression.

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 3

Abron won't sign with us. He doesn't have an SMU offer.

Hahahaha...seriously, haha

Abron is seriously considering UNT. He wants to be at a smaller school, and enjoyed his visit. Doesn't mean he is going to sign, but you can't jump out there and say he is not signing with us.

And I am speaking from what he has told me himself, not what I heard.

Abron is seriously considering UNT. He wants to be at a smaller school, and enjoyed his visit. Doesn't mean he is going to sign, but you can't jump out there and say he is not signing with us.

I think the original post was meant entirely in jest. We're all excited about Abron potentially coming here and we'd love to have him. Even Emmitt. You don't want to know what that guy was willing to do back when Tristan Thompson was about to commit to us back in 2007.

Thanks for your insights. You've been a great addition to the forum, and I hope you'll stick around with us through the season and beyond.

haven't you heard...we're not a small school. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

haven't you heard...we're not a small school. :D

QUIET, YOU!

Tell Devonta we're small. Tiny. There are monastic orders that have larger classes of initiates than what we generally accept at North Texas.

Our school is so small, when you walk in the front door, you're already halfway out the back door. Our school is so small, he won't have room to change his mind once he gets here. We're so small, the ZIP code only has three digits. When someone drops a piece of paper on the floor, that classroom has wall-to-wall carpet. If you get a foot-long hot dog in the cafeterias, they have to fold them in half. Students get around on unicycles because there's no space for full bikes.

We're a small school, is what I'm trying to say. SMALL. Tell Devonta.

• Upvote 2

I think the original post was meant entirely in jest. We're all excited about Abron potentially coming here and we'd love to have him. Even Emmitt. You don't want to know what that guy was willing to do back when Tristan Thompson was about to commit to us back in 2007.

Thanks for your insights. You've been a great addition to the forum, and I hope you'll stick around with us through the season and beyond.

but that was back in 2007 and everyone was doing it......right? I mean....right?

Abron has had higher profile offers within the Dallas ISD. I've been waiting for 2 years for him to transfer to SOC, where his high school coach landed (assistant coach) after they shut down sports at Spruce.

A beast down low that has been high on my list since he lit up a rival for 50 as a soph.

QUIET, YOU!

Tell Devonta we're small. Tiny. There are monastic orders that have larger classes of initiates than what we generally accept at North Texas.

Our school is so small, when you walk in the front door, you're already halfway out the back door. Our school is so small, he won't have room to change his mind once he gets here. We're so small, the ZIP code only has three digits. When someone drops a piece of paper on the floor, that classroom has wall-to-wall carpet. If you get a foot-long hot dog in the cafeterias, they have to fold them in half. Students get around on unicycles because there's no space for full bikes.

We're a small school, is what I'm trying to say. SMALL. Tell Devonta.

We're so tiny that if a personified UNT showered in Austin College's locker room, we would be laughed off campus in a heartbeat. :ph34r: