Spring Practice Starts Today!

Ready to see the following:

Coach Canales' rapport with the offense.

Coach Hines' rapport with the receivers.

Riley's improvement (and hopefully added lbs).

Linebacker competition.

The Juco CB's

The under-center & TE sets!!

Anything in particular y'all will be watching for?

Under center? What is this a bcs conference?

Anything in particular y'all will be watching for?

TFLF in a MeanGreenMan full body suit, holding a "Canales Uber Alles" foam finger.

Followed shortly by the rapture. It's been a hellavu off-season.

On a serious note, as has been wishfully-noted by others before, I'd like to see some variety in offensive formations. Not a whole lot is necessary, and we wouldn't necessarily see too much of that at this point since it's mostly nuts and bolts work being done.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see the swinging gate implemented on fourth and short

Keith, Did you go off your Meds about three weeks ago? I'm concerned about you Buddy.

hmm....what's the bigger story....the guys gone or the green helmets???

what will be on those helmets???

We should do a throw back look to honor fout's last season or ...

Or maybe a Scrappy logo

Or maybe a Albino squirrel

Or maybe 2 male eagles holding each other

Or maybe a UNT Dallas logo

• Upvote 3

I want to see positive results from having a fulltime dedicated S & C coach for the football players. I want our linemen coming in and looking like legitimate D1 players. I want a bunch of pissed off, hungry, fire in the eye players willing to sacrifice blood, sweat, and tears and bring NT a conference championship and bowl victory.

And I want pie!

That is all.

Quick Recap : Shorter & Aaron Bellazin are gone and we are getting green helmets

BTW....according to this BV blog piece.....Shorter will be back in the fall:

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/03/and-now-for-the-observation-de.html

BTW....according to this BV blog piece.....Shorter will be back in the fall:

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2010/03/and-now-for-the-observation-de.html

OK. Now that Rucker is gone, I also want to find out who will be the Mean Green's "jump ball" receiver this year. The tallest reciever left on the roster is Stradford @ 6'2". I suppose they could send Ross or another TE to the corner of the end zone?

Hate to see Rucker not make it after being given a second chance. Whatever he does, I hope he stays in school. Also, glad to hear Shorter will be back in the Fall.

The "green helmet news" was a response to a question I posted on the chat yesterday and the response was basically that there is a 95% chance that the green helmets will return next year. Wonder if our contract with Under Armour is done? Either way, I'm glad to have the green helmet back and hope to see SOW on it with bird poop helmet stickers!

Quick Recap : Shorter & Aaron Bellazin are gone and we are getting green helmets

I hate to sound like the uninformed troller here, but are we really going back to the green helmets? I sure hope so.

I've been on the BB board lately, so this may be some standing joke for all I know.

I hate to sound like the uninformed troller here, but are we really going back to the green helmets? I sure hope so.

I've been on the BB board lately, so this may be some standing joke for all I know.

Yes , but it looks like it won't happen until next season as we go into the new stadium

I stopped keeping track of the guys leaving the program almost 6 months ago. APR report comes out in less than a month and a half... I just hope the penalties aren't going to get worse.

What we still have DD players on the team? Thought they would have graduated by now, I am sure TD will have his players all in and ready to graduate by the end of Spring 2011. :ph34r:

• Downvote 1

I stopped keeping track of the guys leaving the program almost 6 months ago. APR report comes out in less than a month and a half... I just hope the penalties aren't going to get worse.

The number of good fathers & husbands far out number the number of guys who have left the program

Yes , but it looks like it won't happen until next season as we go into the new stadium

I thought the blog guys implied it would be for this upcoming season? I heard earlier this year staffers were looking at some made up helmet options over in the AC. I would be in favor of dropping the North Texas name on the helmet and putting a logo on it instead, like a big program does! :)

• Upvote 1