10 P.m. Sportscast Coverage

Smitty

I think Channel 8 led with us on their sportscast tonight. I came in a few seconds into Dale Hansen's sports, but he was talking about the win and showing highlights. At the very least, we were near the top of their sportscast. So kudos to Dale.

Channel 11, however, buried us. Babe Laufenberg led the sports with a story on Saturday's boxing match at Cowboys Stadium, followed by a story on the Mavericks (who did not play tonight), and then a story on UT spring football practice. That's right, a f'ing story on f'ing UT f'ing spring f'ing football f'ing practice. Then they talked about North Texas.

Didn't see what 4 or 5 did.

I think Channel 8 led with us on their sportscast tonight. I came in a few seconds into Dale Hansen's sports, but he was talking about the win and showing highlights. At the very least, we were near the top of their sportscast. So kudos to Dale.

Channel 11, however, buried us. Babe Laufenberg led the sports with a story on Saturday's boxing match at Cowboys Stadium, followed by a story on the Mavericks (who did not play tonight), and then a story on UT spring football practice. That's right, a f'ing story on f'ing UT f'ing spring f'ing football f'ing practice. Then they talked about North Texas.

Didn't see what 4 or 5 did.

Channel 8 had us as the 2nd story but still good coverage

5 led the sports with the Mean Green

4 had us as the 2nd story

11 had us as the 37th story after the conteversial Paul Quinn College shuffleboard quarterfinal loss and right before the piece on paint drying at the new UT indoor beer pong practice facility.

Edited by Eagle-96

Babe Laufenberg is the worst sportcaster ever, so suprised he has a job in sports.

He was the worst Dallas Cowboys player ever.....

Total douchebag, in the same category with Skip Bayless

Laufenberg is one of the classiest guys in the wide world of sports. You're way off base here.

And the sports department at CBS is run by a very hard core North Texas alum/fan. Can't speak to the content of tonight's show... But I know that the man in charge of that department hustled to get press credentials for a CBS representative at this event.

• Upvote 1

Laufenberg is one of the classiest guys in the wide world of sports. You're way off base here.

And the sports department at CBS is run by a very hard core North Texas alum/fan. Can't speak to the content of tonight's show... But I know that the man in charge of that department hustled to get press credentials for a CBS representative at this event.

Well, that's good to know. I've never met Babe, but his on screen personality screams total douchery. Dude is super annoying to me....

• Downvote 1

+1 for you!