Unt Women Vs. Mtsu

UNT 11

MTSU 51

7:20 Left 1st Half.

This leaves me absolutely speechless. Middle Tennessee is on pace to score somewhere around 160 points...I am a big proponent for Shanice Stephens getting her deserved time to build a program, but when this happens I'm not sure what to say. Hey, maybe we will come back! :unsure: Go Mean Green!

Up until recently I was positive that Shanice Stephens would be successful. She seemed to have the confidence and positive attitude that almost always increases ones potential. For this reason I do not think we should throw in the towel yet, but if we do not show some significant improvement against some of the more mediocre Sun Belt teams in the last 7 games of the season, then it might be time to explore other options.

• Upvote 1

94 feet of heat baby, 94 feet of heat!

Rick

My linkhttp://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50605

I'd like to call your attention to this thread...SS gets a big win against a previously undefeated USA women's team and neither you, nor Deep Green made a comment...the two of you, along with others, only seem to make your presence known on the basketball board when things go wrong.

Do you take some kind of satisfaction in a struggling woman's program b/c RV didn't make the hire you specifically wanted?

Is it spill over frustration from the football season?

Do you secretly hate UNT and relish in our current woman's hoops mediocrity?

Instant gratification is rare in this world...and often very short lived.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'd like to call your attention to this thread...SS gets a big win against a previously undefeated USA women's team and neither you, nor Deep Green made a comment...the two of you, along with others, only seem to make your presence known on the basketball board when things go wrong.

Do you take some kind of satisfaction in a struggling woman's program b/c RV didn't make the hire you specifically wanted?

be careful....some posters are legacies and seem to know that their shait don't stink and that their opinion is one of a god's...

i agree with ya though. it is surprising to see the number of folks that only complain. i've done it before but am trying to make a concerted effort to quit that crap....IT HELPS NO ONE!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

be careful....some posters are legacies and seem to know that their shait don't stink and that their opinion is one of a god's...

i agree with ya though. it is surprising to see the number of folks that only complain. I've done it before but am trying to make a concerted effort to quit that crap....IT HELPS NO ONE!!!

This.

Misery loves company

I'll man up and admit that I've done nothing but be negative towards the football program for awhile. I didn't see anything wrong with it until people came over to my Basketball board ( ok it's really not mine , but I'm one of the few who live over here ) and be negative towards JJ's program here recently. This is one of the few bright spots we have on campus. We should be very thankful JJ is here and that he wants to build a strong program. Is he the best coach in the country ? No way. Could UNT get someone better ? Maybe , but that's not a guarantee. JJ is a very respected coach around the nation and lead us the BIG DANCE just a few years ago.

I see a few posters who are online and don't post anything at all after a win or they post that we shouldn't of won that game or it wasn't good enough. Then the same posters are quick to be so negative after every loss and almost seem proud that we did so just so they can pump out their chest and say "told you we sucked".

I don't get it. Either you love UNT or you don't. It's like a marriage.It can't be conditional.

This attitude helped open my eyes on how negative I've been towards TD and the FB program. Although I'm not happy about our situation , I'm going to go into this season with a new, better , positive attitude.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I am not sure after NT suffering the worst loss in history, is the right time to be complaining about program negativity. If the last two games are not enough to question a coach, when do you?

None of us have the pom-poms out after the past two games...though I will say I've always held the belief that coaches lose close games, players get blown out...WKU and MTSU are by far the class of the conference in woman's hoops.

My complaint is that our "fans" take no time to acknowledge a big win for both our new coach and her players, yet seem to take almost elation in coming on here and kicking them while their down.

None of us have the pom-poms out after the past two games...though I will say I've always held the belief that coaches lose close games, players get blown out...WKU and MTSU are by far the class of the conference in woman's hoops.

My complaint is that our "fans" take no time to acknowledge a big win for both our new coach and her players, yet seem to take almost elation in coming on here and kicking them while their down.

worst defeat in program history deserves a sitdown with rv. 94 feet of retreat?

I appreciate your concern for me. I didn't realize my absence had you so stirred up? As I'm sure you know my last post on January 20th was just after noon that day. This was because the remainder of it I spent packing getting ready to leave that night for our trip to Angel Fire NM and didn't return to the availability of a computer till five days later. The snow was awesome, I wished you could have been there. With that, allow me to give a great big belated congrats to Shanice and the ladies for their awesome win over USA!!!!!

94 feet of heat baby, 94 feet of heat!, and Go Mean Green!

Rick

• Downvote 2

This team seems to be enigmatic:

The UAB tourney saw us lose to Samford, only to pick up a nice win against UAB.

Then, we knock off USA, only to drop the next two horrifically.

I just wish we could see some consistency from the ladies...

Coach Stephens seemed like a great hire in the beginning. We should give her the same leeway we provided Todd Dodge to try and make it work!

• Upvote 1

Hate UNT? Hardly. Tired of all the losing? You bet!

Good game against USA coach Shanice? There, Laurie, make you feel better.

Oh, Laurie, you seem like a loyal UNT fan just like me. Maybe we can have a beer together in the Club Seating section of the new stadium. Will you?

My point is, I have a vested interest in UNT and want to see it successful in all sports.

• Downvote 1

Tough loss...I personally appreciate the "man up" a few did here in admitting to being overly negative in other threads. It's tough to see UNT lose like this. I do not understand why the women can get beat like this (or the men for that matter should it happen). The women have some very good players and I would think they would find a way to step it up a bit.

I'll give Coach Stephens time to turn it around. Man, this was tough! But, you have to believe the team and coaching staff find it even more puzzling that we, as fans, do.

Hang in there ladies...let's get the ship a little trimmed out during the rest of the season. I'll bet you can....

GO MEAN GREEN!