Middle Tennessee (1/30/10)

CMJ

Made it interesting, and I was proud of the way the team battled back to make it a game near the end. Foul trouble hurt, I think, at the end. Anyway, tough loss, but i do think the team is building momentum toward the tournament.

Go Mean Green!

I hate that we lost to Middle, but if had my choice I would rather beat WKU and lose to Middle, than lose to WKu and beat Middle. The reason behind this is that we have proved we can beat Middle in the past and haven't beat Western in the past. I feel WKU will be in the mix come tourney time along with us. So now that we can know we can beat WKU, hopefully it will we a confidence boost if we see them in Hot Springs with an automatic bid on the line.

Tough loss. When our guards play 125 out of 200 minutes, and go a combined 10-31 with 10 boards and 3 assists, it kind of makes me want to ditch the 3 guard lineup and go big. It made more sense when we had McCoy, Johnson, and Dennis out there, but I'm not so sure about that now. Missing Hogans and the lack of experience for Holmen certainly hurts, but aAt least Spencer sounded like he deserves a shot at more minutes.

Tough loss. When our guards play 125 out of 200 minutes, and go a combined 10-31 with 10 boards and 3 assists, it kind of makes me want to ditch the 3 guard lineup and go big. It made more sense when we had McCoy, Johnson, and Dennis out there, but I'm not so sure about that now. Missing Hogans and the lack of experience for Holmen certainly hurts, but aAt least Spencer sounded like he deserves a shot at more minutes.

Our bench is abolutely killing us. Of course, Dominique and Kedrick would have been the 6th and 7th men off the bench but still. Richard Thomas is doing nothing, obviously in the dog house. Collin and Jacob Holmen are making way too many mistakes right now It's said when Cam Spencer is the best off the bench but hey, at least he could maybe give us some minutes in Hot Springs. Without a decent bench, we go nowhere in the Sun Belt Tournament. The thoughts at the beginning of the year that we would have the deepest bench in the Belt is now turning into a major weakness.