Oc To Hire!

Ole Green Guts

Lincoln Riley, former inside wr coach at texas tech. did a great job calling the offense in the alamo bowl.

Additionally, he is a personal friend and a great young coach.

THANK YOU!!! I second that motion...wait...I think I firsted it!! :lol::lol: Anyway, I totally agree this kid's got a ton of talent, knowledge and ambition. He was adored by the Raidernation and they are livid that he was released (last I checked, there was a 14-page thread on his dismissal). In addition to his knowledge of the spread, he was highly regarded as Tech's top recruiter. However, we have to move quickly if there is any hope whatsoever in landing Riley, because he's already started the interviewing process.

I think he would be a great hire. And one key thing you hit on was he is a top recruiter.

Here is a list of who was being recruited by whom at Tech: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/commi...year=2010#page2

5 players recruited by Riley. Not saying they would all come here if we hired him, but it would open the possibility.

I would be 100% behind the hire of Lincoln Riley as the OC for UNT. GO GET HIM AND GET HIM NOW! Please and thank you! Then, let him do his job and really run the offense...just saying. :lol:

GO MEAN GREEN!

I would be 100% behind the hire of Lincoln Riley as the OC for UNT. GO GET HIM AND GET HIM NOW! Please and thank you! Then, let him do his job and really run the offense...just saying. :lol:

GO MEAN GREEN!

give him a year as our OC learning any and everything he can. Then for the 2011 season we open our new stadium with our new HC Lincoln Riley. That way we open the season with a double whammy. I new, up-to-date, football stadium with a new and exciting HC that tore up the offensive record books in his first year as our OC.

I think my green kool-aid is spiked with green kool-aid.

Actually that might be a reason him or any other OC might want to take the job. If NT does good next year, Dodge keeps his job and the staff remains intact entering the next season in the new stadium. If Dodge does't meet the requirements and the OC has done a great job, possibility of being promoted. Guess it would piss a lot of the other coaches off, would think you?

Just talked to Lincoln. He has not found another position but would definately be intrested in the position. Quick, someone let TD know!

Thanks OGG. Knowing that he's interested, I will be extremely, EXTREMELY upset if he is not even contacted/interviewed for the position.

RV - I hope you're reading the forum today, as well as keeping up with all the latest coaching changes around the country. Now, is not the time to be resting on our laurels.

Here is a list of who was being recruited by whom at Tech: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/commi...year=2010#page2

5 players recruited by Riley. Not saying they would all come here if we hired him, but it would open the possibility.

For more on Riley's recruiting prowess at Tech and quotes from kids he was recruiting, this is a good read.

Prized receiving recruit still committed to Tech, keeping options open