Leach Fired

untStein

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely amazing the media attention that this thing is getting in the DFW area and elsewhere. I have no doubt that this would be treated as back page news if the exact thing happened to our program. I guess it kind of tells you what the Big 12 can do for your program good or bad. With the kind of money that is involved here, there will be one HELL of a lot of investigation dollars spent on this thing if it goes to court big-time without an early settlement. This could end up backfiring on some people, and we could end up with a new kind of "Craig's List" being dredged up from the old Mustang Mania pay to play days. :lol: That would be kind of funny for those of us who remember the incredible gaul of those people back then.

Video Adam James made on his cell phone from inside one of the rooms he was confined in. I first saw this on channel 11 tonight.

dZqvajnhZDU

Rick

So, he had his cell phone with him. With daddy's money, no doubt it was an iphone. So he had to stand up and surf the net, play video games, and send emails for a couple of hours?

So abused.

Answer: Political suicide.

Tell the coach who just got them their best season EVER to coach out his contract and get out of town?

Excerpts from today's *Star Telegram article by Jennifer Floyd Engel: (the capital letters are my insertion...the article did not capitalize letters)

You do not have to know the back story to know something stinks at TT. One of the best coaches in Red Raiders history is fired by one allegatation by one player, that appears to have greatly exaggerated. The original tweet from Joe Schad of ESPN broke this story Monday....HMM wonder how ESPN got this info?

Maybe from ESPN analyst Craig James, who, as we all now know is the father of the player in question. Adam James had a mild concusion that idocy and incompetence, politics and fauds have allowed to mushrooom into a big, fat disaster in Lubbock.

HOW HAVE WE GONE FROM A CLOSET TO WHAT LOOKS LIKE ON VIDEO, A ROOMY STORAGE SHED AND MEDIA ROOM?

FROM BEING LOCKED IN BY HIMSELF TO HAVING TRAINERS WITH HIM,FROM SUSPENDED PENDING AN INVESTIGATIONTO FIRED TWO DAYS LATER? GREAT STORY, TOO BAD IT NOT EXACTLY BASED IN TRUTH. BOTH JAMESES HAD DEVELEPED REPS AT TECH AS BEING WHINNERS, LITTLE JAMES AS AN ENTITLED PRIMA DONNA WHINER AND BIG JAMES AS A HELICOPTER DAD WHINER ALWAYS HOVERING.

DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS. LISTEN TO FORMER RED RAIDERS PLAYERS AND COACHES WHO LINED UP WILLING LY TO DEBUNK ADAM'SS VERSION OF EVENTS. WHEN ALLEGATIONS ABOUT FORMER KANSAS COACH MANGINO BUBBLED UP, JAYHAWKS PLAYERS SURFACED DAILY WITH TALES OF WOE. SO WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE AT TECH /////ETC.

A readers comment on a Lubbock newspaper article..."Did the physician who examined Adam James for his concusion know about the facial trauma that Adad had suffered in a bar fight that preceded his diagonus?."..I only posted this last comment...and can't vouch for his statements.

Doesn't look alll that harrowing to me. Looks like he'd have been more tortured if Leach had made him go down the street to get a hair cut and shave. Whiny slob.

Look, this is a win-win for Tech if they can land Art Briles. In one fell swoop, the will have gotten rid of a quirky coach and a lazy, spoiled football player while getting one of the best rising football coaches in America.

Also...SMU fans should cross their fingers as well. June Jones and his pass-happy offense would fit nicely with what Tech already has on board. If Tech can't rob from within their own conference, why not from within their own state?

If Tech has the scratch, they'll get either of them. I think Hall and Oates hit the nail on the head of this situation years ago: "Money's the matter...if you're in it for love, you ain't gonna get too far."

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Doesn't look alll that harrowing to me. Looks like he'd have been more tortured if Leach had made him go down the street to get a hair cut and shave. Whiny slob.

Look, this is a win-win for Tech if they can land Art Briles. In one fell swoop, the will have gotten rid of a quirky coach and a lazy, spoiled football player while getting one of the best rising football coaches in America.

Also...SMU fans should cross their fingers as well. June Jones and his pass-happy offense would fit nicely with what Tech already has on board. If Tech can't rob from within their own conference, why not from within their own state?

If Tech has the scratch, they'll get either of them. I think Hall and Oates hit the nail on the head of this situation years ago: "Money's the matter...if you're in it for love, you ain't gonna get too far."

Funny senerio mentioned on the ticket. Briles to TT, then Leach to Baylor. Now THAT would be some interesting drama. It'll never happen, mainly because Baylor and Waco are at the bottom of the "best fit" list for Leach.

Funny senerio mentioned on the ticket. Briles to TT, then Leach to Baylor. Now THAT would be some interesting drama. It'll never happen, mainly because Baylor and Waco are at the bottom of the "best fit" list for Leach.

I know some Baylor fans that would just love such a twist in fate.

I spent my breakfast and then some reading all of the Mike Leach articles in the Morning News.

Looks like Leach keeps talking about lies by Tech administrators and how he even had a doctor verifying thing Leach did hurt or worsened James' concussion. The problem is no one at Tech was accusing Leach of hurting James, they were accusing him of punishing him.

The thing I find most amazing is Kent Hance's quote about how "hard-headed" and "just plain stubborn" Leach is and Hance had done everything he could prevent the problem.

I can't imagine a senior partner at an Austin law firm, former State Senator, US Congressman, Texas Railroad Commissioner, two time Gubernatorial candidate like Hance saying so publicly what he said unless he could back it up.

Of course, Leach does have a law degree from Pepperdine so he's no slouch at law. But compared to Kent Hance he's way out of his league.

I notice the few statements of current Tech players that have gotten through the blackout are all supportive of Tech's position rather than Leach. And the big money donors are lining up with Tech against Leach. It looks doubtful there will be a long term problem with the alumni much like there was not a long term problem at Ohio State back when Woody Hays was fired or OU when Switzer was canned.

I think Ruffin McNeill looks like the best choice for a new TT coach with Sonny Dykes the top choice if they go out of house. Briles is a possibility, but there are a LOT of negatives to poaching coaches from within your own conference. Tech was a victim of that and I doubt they want to do that to someone else. Of course, stranger things have happened! June Jones doesn't appear to be on the radar in Lubbock and I don't think with his history many schools in AQ conferences would want him.

I spent my breakfast and then some reading all of the Mike Leach articles in the Morning News.

Looks like Leach keeps talking about lies by Tech administrators and how he even had a doctor verifying thing Leach did hurt or worsened James' concussion. The problem is no one at Tech was accusing Leach of hurting James, they were accusing him of punishing him.

The thing I find most amazing is Kent Hance's quote about how "hard-headed" and "just plain stubborn" Leach is and Hance had done everything he could prevent the problem.

I can't imagine a senior partner at an Austin law firm, former State Senator, US Congressman, Texas Railroad Commissioner, two time Gubernatorial candidate like Hance saying so publicly what he said unless he could back it up.

Of course, Leach does have a law degree from Pepperdine so he's no slouch at law. But compared to Kent Hance he's way out of his league.

I notice the few statements of current Tech players that have gotten through the blackout are all supportive of Tech's position rather than Leach. And the big money donors are lining up with Tech against Leach. It looks doubtful there will be a long term problem with the alumni much like there was not a long term problem at Ohio State back when Woody Hays was fired or OU when Switzer was canned.

I think Ruffin McNeill looks like the best choice for a new TT coach with Sonny Dykes the top choice if they go out of house. Briles is a possibility, but there are a LOT of negatives to poaching coaches from within your own conference. Tech was a victim of that and I doubt they want to do that to someone else. Of course, stranger things have happened! June Jones doesn't appear to be on the radar in Lubbock and I don't think with his history many schools in AQ conferences would want him.

I missed the punishment, if he could not stand on the sidelines they moved him to a dark room but he spent his time near the team. This is how Leach does it you can interpret that as punishment if you like, I don't, I see it as putting in your time with the team. Just because he would have rather go somewhere and screw around does not make what Leach did even a problem.

I have read 30 articles on this and have yet to see a former or current player come out on Tech's side or a Donor, not arguing, I would love to see them if you have the link.

Edited by KingDL1

I propose we remake Scrappy again... Instead of Eppy, call him "Polly". Email Leach the Daffy Eagle logo design and tell him it's a parrot, and we'll have the mascot sit on his shoulder through each game and press appearance.

If we had a Diet Coke Boy for so many years, we can find a little person or a small child and put them in a parrot suit for a few hours a day if it means we could get Mike Leach to come here.

Oh hell, Im in. Id dress up as a parrot just to bring Leach here.

I'm thinking he had to be there in street clothes even though injured and unable to participate. That's when the doctor's excuse (mild concussion) not to practice and wear sun glasses came into play. Leach not liking that diagnosis and/or the sun glasses decided to banish him to the garage one day then the electrical closet the second day, both without lights on and standing. Stupid move as much as concussions have been in the news this year. Channel 8 News said more about the situation would be released from Tech on Thursday.

I saw some lights in that "little" "confined" space he was "banished" to. Isnt it possible that he made this video after the allegations started? He found the best room he could find and made a video of it. Yeah, he looks real traumatized.

I have read 30 articles on this and have yet to see a former or current player come out on Tech's side or a Donor, not arguing, I would love to see them if you have the link.

Most of the material was on page 6c of the Dec. 31 issue of the DMN. Quoted lineman Chris Perry, cornerback Taylor Charbonnet, wide receiver Tramain Swindall. Jim Sowell was the booster and was quoted on page 14A and I think elsewhere.

Try this for a start

Tech player's reactions to firing

Most of the material was on page 6c of the Dec. 31 issue of the DMN. Quoted lineman Chris Perry, cornerback Taylor Charbonnet, wide receiver Tramain Swindall. Jim Sowell was the booster and was quoted on page 14A and I think elsewhere.

Try this for a start

Tech player's reactions to firing

Not was I was hoping for, so a few players who were friends of James did not like he was sent to the media room. Really?

I was thinking there was meat to it, like Leach has always beat up kids, or forced kids to cover up their concussions, or play injured. Something that showed he was hurting someone. And the letters and quotes supporting Leach seemed less childish and more accurate.

None of this Leach is bad he makes us come to practice crap, clearly these quotes are just his buddies crying or more accusations would be flying.

Coaches and Players in Support of Mike Leach

Leach support strong amidst media frenzy

Former Red Raiders speak out and support Coach Leach

Another side to the Leach/Texas Tech story

EXCLUSIVE: E-mails show rocky relationship between Texas Tech and Leach (the real meat and potatoes of this mess most likely, just read the emails)

E-mails dispute James' claims of mistreatment

This is one of my favorites:

Inside receivers coach Lincoln Riley was particularly critical of James in his e-mails. Riley said that James was one of three receivers sent to run stairs as discipline for unsatisfactory work.

"He [James]complained to me that we were not doing our jobs as coaches and that his effort was just fine ... It's just another example of Adam thinking that he knows more about coaching than people who have been coaching their entire lives. I have no doubt that anger from this led to where we are today ... and is his way of trying to "get back" at us coaches."

Leah rips Tech and James family.

Leach's first comments to questions were on an ESPN interview late Thursday night from him at a ski resort in Colorado (guess he didn't stick around practice in San Antonio for the bowl). Anyway, a summary of answers on a DMN blog article.....

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/ar...s-and-texa.html

leach can still see no wrong in placing a human in dark confinement for over 2 hours standing just because he had a concussion.

leach can still see no wrong in placing a human in dark confinement for over 2 hours standing just because he had a concussion.

James was cleared by the doctor, what did Leach do wrong? This kid showed up to practice in sunglasses and said the light was bothering him, so he was put in a dark place and monitored. Leach expects his injured players to put their time in with the team at practice if they can, doing what they are cleared for. If nothing else just being on the sidelines. James could (cleared by the Doctor) but would rather screw off somewhere else. The whole standing thing is not true either, but who cares. Again the kid was released to be there. Wake up it is a pansy kid that got mad he could not ditch practice and screw off somewhere. He was not in any danger and the doctors attest to that.

Oh hell, Im in. Id dress up as a parrot just to bring Leach here.

I saw some lights in that "little" "confined" space he was "banished" to. Isnt it possible that he made this video after the allegations started? He found the best room he could find and made a video of it. Yeah, he looks real traumatized.

Yes, he definitely made the video as verifiable proof of his claim. That was the second time he was confined and he was prepared for it that time. It wouldn't surprise me if Craig James advised him to take his cell phone for just that purpose. If you listen to the video, you'll hear him whisper that he had to turn the lights on to take the video and he was having to do it as quickly as possible so that the training staff wouldn't notice the lights on. I guess it's certainly possible that he made the video at another time but the description of "electrical room" certainly fits the video, unlike the much larger media room Leach's lawyer tried to pass off as the "electrical room" in a televised interview he gave recently.

Yes, he definitely made the video as verifiable proof of his claim. That was the second time he was confined and he was prepared for it that time. It wouldn't surprise me if Craig James advised him to take his cell phone for just that purpose. If you listen to the video, you'll hear him whisper that he had to turn the lights on to take the video and he was having to do it as quickly as possible so that the training staff wouldn't notice the lights on. I guess it's certainly possible that he made the video at another time but the description of "electrical room" certainly fits the video, unlike the much larger media room Leach's lawyer tried to pass off as the "electrical room" in a televised interview he gave recently.

Athletic Trainer backs Leach, disputes Adam James

This link seems to answer most the questions.

Poor baby had to stand in the dark and play on his iphone. Big deal. Tech used this as a reason to cut Leach loose, plain and simply. Adam James has accomplished name recognition, so I suggest he get on Dancing with the Stars or some such reality show, cause his miniscule football career is over.

Question for all of you that think Leach did something wrong. Please outline the discipline parameters coaches are allowed to use to motivate/discipline players like James, who, from all accounts, needed an attitude adjustment. I want to know what you think is OK and what you would do if you thought a player was bilking a concussion to get out of practice and showed an attitude about it. Standing in a room for a couple of hours seems like less than adequate punishment to me.

More to the point this just shows why this is nothing wrong, and most that think Leach did anything wrong are going off half cocked.

Daddy's Little Girl: Adam James and the Mike Leach Firing

Poor baby had to stand in the dark and play on his iphone. Big deal. Tech used this as a reason to cut Leach loose, plain and simply. Adam James has accomplished name recognition, so I suggest he get on Dancing with the Stars or some such reality show, cause his miniscule football career is over.

Question for all of you that think Leach did something wrong. Please outline the discipline parameters coaches are allowed to use to motivate/discipline players like James, who, from all accounts, needed an attitude adjustment. I want to know what you think is OK and what you would do if you thought a player was bilking a concussion to get out of practice and showed an attitude about it. Standing in a room for a couple of hours seems like less than adequate punishment to me.

You see - we can agree on something! Good post :)