Dear Coach Dodge

Green Dozer

Dear Coach Dodge:

Please get to Denton as fast as your black Dodge truck will get you here. Go to "On the Cuff" and see Barbara. "On the Cuff" is the pink building on Dallas Drive next to the Frenchy vans. Barbara is the mother of Denton Ryan quarterback Scotty Young.

While Leach may or may not survive this, he probably will not be at Tech after next year. I believe it will be of his own choosing, not the school's. He did not like the way he was treated over his contract last year, does not get along with the athletic director, and this latest deal cannot make him feel appreciated. Anyway, Scotty is the real deal. He can chunk the ball downfield and is very accurate. He is definitly a "spread quarterback". He is big and can run with the ball, but does so without being reckless. Old Timer, Quoner, or Tasty might have some stats, but he is a winner.

Promise and keep your word that you will open up the competition at quarterback or take everybody's advice on this board and move Riley to receiver. Heck, you might just go ahead and redshirt Young next year, then let him open the new stadium as the starter. I bet money he will be the starter by then. Lots of Ryan fans would turn out to see him play, and he may just be the one to turn to the tide of getting Denton behind our football team at UNT. Of the three high schools in Denton, they have the best following.

I do not know what Young's other choices are as for as colleges, but I would hope we would at least try to get him to change his mind and stay in Denton for his college career. The Tech fans have been very excited about him going to Lubbock, but here is a real opportunity for you. If you were to sign him, I bet even Emmitt might get off your back for a month or so. Now get up here!

Green Dozer

I know that NT had offerred him early on.

Dear Coach Dodge:

Please get to Denton as fast as your black Dodge truck will get you here. Go to "On the Cuff" and see Barbara. "On the Cuff" is the pink building on Dallas Drive next to the Frenchy vans. Barbara is the mother of Denton Ryan quarterback Scotty Young.

While Leach may or may not survive this, he probably will not be at Tech after next year. I believe it will be of his own choosing, not the school's. He did not like the way he was treated over his contract last year, does not get along with the athletic director, and this latest deal cannot make him feel appreciated. Anyway, Scotty is the real deal. He can chunk the ball downfield and is very accurate. He is definitly a "spread quarterback". He is big and can run with the ball, but does so without being reckless. Old Timer, Quoner, or Tasty might have some stats, but he is a winner.

Promise and keep your word that you will open up the competition at quarterback or take everybody's advice on this board and move Riley to receiver. Heck, you might just go ahead and redshirt Young next year, then let him open the new stadium as the starter. I bet money he will be the starter by then. Lots of Ryan fans would turn out to see him play, and he may just be the one to turn to the tide of getting Denton behind our football team at UNT. Of the three high schools in Denton, they have the best following.

I do not know what Young's other choices are as for as colleges, but I would hope we would at least try to get him to change his mind and stay in Denton for his college career. The Tech fans have been very excited about him going to Lubbock, but here is a real opportunity for you. If you were to sign him, I bet even Emmitt might get off your back for a month or so. Now get up here!

Green Dozer

Dear Coach Dodge:

Green Dozer

Funny, I watched him toss 5 INT's versus Guyer in the playoffs in arguably his biggest game as a player and thought "He is perfect for Texas Tech with the way he just tosses those balls out there."

If NT had a winning record or a turn around of any sort for the past three years, then you are able to take advantage of the Code Red Crisis going on at Lubbock right now.....

But SMU looks alot better for any recruit that wants to stay in the metroplex.

Leach will probably end up at another school after all of this is done.

If NT had a winning record or a turn around of any sort for the past three years, then you are able to take advantage of the Code Red Crisis going on at Lubbock right now.....

But SMU looks alot better for any recruit that wants to stay in the metroplex.

Leach will probably end up at another school after all of this is done.

I think TCU would far outway SMU as the metroplex football college of choice right now.

Remeber this kid? Look who is interested. Dodge bring him home. He can compete right away.

PASSING GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

Faulkner,Matt 13 159.06 355-217-13 61.1 3309 29 75 254.5

Mt. San Antonio (Calif.) College quarterback Matt Faulkner is seen here in highlights from the 2009 season.

Faulkner has offers from Western Kentucky and McNeese State and visited Temple

Dodge will NOT bring in a QB with the tools to unseat his son. Period. He won't risk the blowback and, sadly, I don't think he sees the need.

Do you mean he does not want to, or is not able? If the former, I would have to disagree. Bringing in Vizza his first recruiting class was a huge score, and Riley in his second was an even bigger get. He flew a little under the radar with last year's choice, but not many recruits would have wanted to spend their college careers competing with a Parade All-American. Yet that "under-the-radar" choice still showed us in just two minutes that he definitely brings something to the table. And this year, TD is bringing in an excellent recruit at the position, especially considering our recent win totals. It looks to me like he is recruiting the best QBs he can.